2021 Toyota Owners 400 Pre-Race Thread

Get That 88 Up There !!

Love United Hate Glazer
Time for the second straight week in Virginia as we head to Richmond this week for a truck and cup doubleheader.
1618245813735.jpeg
Saturday (Truck Series) - 1:30 PM (FS1)
Sunday (Cup Series - 3:00 PM (FOX)

If I were a betting man, I'd put some $$ on the Penske guys. Keselowski gets it done imho.

Wish I could go. Beyond pissed at the rules in Virginia, would love to drive up I-95 for this. I’ll wear two masks if I have to haha

Wish I could go. Beyond pissed at the rules in Virginia, would love to drive up I-95 for this. I’ll wear two masks if I have to haha
Right there with that. I’m REALLY hoping to be able to go to the Richmond night race as that’s my birthday weekend.

It’s amazing with two races a year (except last season) HMS haven’t won here since 2008. Toyota really own this place.

It is surprising. Chase and Larson could change that in a hurry if they get the car, similar type to Phoenix.

Larson, yes. Chase hates this place and says he can't get it down. (per radio chatter last year.)

It's interesting the subtle differences between sister tracks. Pretty surprised to hear he said that, seems like it would be in his wheelhouse where brakes come into play.

It's interesting the subtle differences between sister tracks. Pretty surprised to hear he said that, seems like it would be in his wheelhouse where brakes come into play.
Letarte said on NASCAR America these guys are on the brakes till mid corner and it's a totally different style of braking than any other track. He said just the brake package can make or break the handling of your car.

Letarte said on NASCAR America these guys are on the brakes till mid corner and it's a totally different style of braking than any other track. He said just the brake package can make or break the handling of your car.

That explains some things. No wonder Kez dominated the last race here (luvs to get heavy on the brakes) :D

Really started thinking after last week...I really latched onto Johnson after Carl's early retirement. The sport is more fun when your guy can win. With now Carl and Jimmie (Ricky Rudd too) being retired, my guys are Larson and Blaney but not nearly as strong as it was for Carl, Rudd and Jimmie.

I'm finding myself enjoying NASCAR more than I have in years without having a die hard favorite anymore.

Pumped for this one!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Interesting. Hamlin is great both at Martinsville and Richmond. He is so good on the brakes. I'll take Harvick's throttle control and Hamlin's braking ability for the win!

Really started thinking after last week...I really latched onto Johnson after Carl's early retirement. The sport is more fun when your guy can win. With now Carl and Jimmie (Ricky Rudd too) being retired, my guys are Larson and Blaney but not nearly as strong as it was for Carl, Rudd and Jimmie.

I'm finding myself enjoying NASCAR more than I have in years without having a die hard favorite anymore.

Pumped for this one!

Getcha some manufacturer loyalty man! I've got five guys that can make me happy any week....hoping for more next year. I am joking because I respect your approach to the sport, but I share that feeling that to watch a race with a wide margin for satisfaction is a great way to enjoy all of this IMO.

NASCAR is opposed to racing.

nascar still hasn’t figured out that manufactured WWE “excitement” isn’t the same as a great race or finish that happens organically. When Kevin Harvick admits the current championships aren’t the same as the ones Sr. And Jeff Gordon won, an intelligent sanctioning body would realize they need to get their **** together. Instead they double down on the circus

nascar still hasn’t figured out that manufactured WWE “excitement” isn’t the same as a great race or finish that happens organically. When Kevin Harvick admits the current championships aren’t the same as the ones Sr. And Jeff Gordon won, an intelligent sanctioning body would realize they need to get their **** together. Instead they double down on the circus

Don’t agree with this. IMO it’s dumb that NASCAR doesn’t have stages divided up evenly, Lap 133 and Lap 266 should get the green/white checkers

I found watching races a bit more relaxing when Matt Kenseth retired. I wasn't as focused about how on particular driver was doing, and could watch others I might have previously ignored.

Pumped for this one!

I relate to this. Terry Labonte and then Dale Earnhardt Jr. were my ride or dies. Haven’t felt the same fandom for another driver since. I like the same few guys everyone does (Blaney, Elliott, etc) but more often than not just watch the race and root for a good show.

I found watching races a bit more relaxing when Matt Kenseth retired. I wasn't as focused about how on particular driver was doing, and could watch others I might have previously ignored.

I kinda got there when Tony left, but once KL got into a groove I was absolutely hooked. Root like crazy for him, Chase and Bowman. Hope to see Josh Berry honestly get his shot somewhat soon, he’s super fast thru the corner

Back
Top Bottom