2021 Xfinity Series News

Kaulig Racing is expanding to a three-car Xfinity Series operation with the announcement that AJ Allmendinger will compete for the team full-time next year.
Allmendinger will drive the No. 16 Chevrolet in what will be his first full season in the Xfinity Series. He’s made 27 starts in the series since 2007. Sponsorship for Allmendinger was not announced.

https://racer.com/2020/12/01/kaulig-adds-third-full-time-xfinity-car-for-allmendinger/

AJ Allmendinger’s return adds to loaded 2021 Xfinity Series​

With some drivers publicly stating they’d rather spend another year in the Xfinity Series instead of running one season in Cup with the current car before the Next Gen car debuts in 2022, the Xfinity Series looks to have one of its deepest fields of drivers next season.

Cindric, who will move to Cup full-time in 2022, won six races with Team Penske, along with the title this past season.
Joe Gibbs Racing returns Harrison Burton (four wins this past season) and Brandon Jones (three wins), along with adding Daniel Hemric to its roster.
Allmendinger’s teammates at Kaulig Racing will be Justin Haley (three wins) and Jeb Burton.
JR Motorsports returns Justin Allgaier (three wins), Noah Gragson (two wins) and Michael Annett.
Cindric, Allgaier and Haley each raced for the championship in November at Phoenix.

“It’s not easy, by any means, just to run inside that top eight or nine every weekend,” Allmendinger said Tuesday. “It’s a difficult challenge. That’s what I love about it. It’s not easy. It’s our job to go out there and keep getting better.
“You look at the race teams that are involved, the Gibbs and Penskes and Stewart-Haas. You’ve got JR Motorsports that is associated with Hendrick Motorsports. RCR. It’s a lot of Cup teams that are part of this Xfinity Series. You’ve got a lot of young drivers that are really good. It’s not going to be easy, but that’s what I love about it.

Jesse Little to BJ McLeod

Snider need to get the hustle on and find some speed. Could it be possible for Ty to be driving their second car?

He had a bad season, he crashed a lot in the Sieg car when he drove it. Some his fault, some not his fault. The speed is there from him, but considering his situation last season jumping from car to car, he did OK for the most part.

Also, RSS did not even prep the 93 car. Josh Reaume's shop did all of the prep work for the 93, Sieg just focused on the 39 entry. I feel that may have had to do with some of the inconsistency of that entry.

I think he'll fare well. If RCR can manage to get Alfredo for a full-season, this could really shake up the landscape for next season.

Interesting. Will we see two RCR cars back this season? I wonder what the plans are for Alfredo and Grala for '21?

I don't think he is ready for Cup but it hasn't stopped people before.

Oh and this train wreck is official

Oh and this train wreck is official

Sheesh.

Well, at least the Xfinity operation will stay open. The 98 will look good in Monster colors, but can Herbst compete with the big boys of the series?

If he can't in this car that won eight or nine races, if he can't at minimum win three in this car, it's a bad look IMO.

Sheesh.

Well, at least the Xfinity operation will stay open. The 98 will look good in Monster colors, but can Herbst compete with the big boys of the series?

If he can't in this car that won eight or nine races, if he can't at minimum win three in this car, it's a bad look IMO.
He only managed to ever win 2 ARCA races in Gibbs equipment

He only managed to ever win 2 ARCA races in Gibbs equipment
True, but I'm reserving my horrible takes until about halfway through next season.

Some drivers knock down the door coming in, we don't. Herbst had shown flashes that he's quick in Xfinity, but flashes in a JGR car leaves me with more questions. He also needs to stop crashing so damn much as well.

Toyota lost another developmental driver to Ford!!?? Standonit, Revman? I'm not trying to start anything......honest. ;)
It's good for about 4 or 5 finish places better getting in a SHR car from Toyzoo-ota :idunno: Revman is still drying his tears from last year. I'm prepared to laugh my ass off if he does better than last year or take my plate of crow if he bombs out with Herbst.

It's good for about 4 or 5 finish places better getting in a SHR car from Toyzoo-ota :idunno: Revman is still drying his tears from last year. I'm prepared to laugh my ass off if he does better than last year or take my plate of crow if he bombs out with Herbst.
I feel like Kevin Harvick pushing Brad Kesolowski

Sheesh.

Sometimes it takes awhile for a team to jell with a new driver. You can't expect him to start off where they were last year.

Not to mention it took Brandon Jones four years to win at the Xfinity level.

I think Herbst will be in that same line IMO.

You have never had a plate of crow in your life. MY former Toyota drivers become your favorite drivers. Add Herbst to your collection. You're welcome.

You have never had a plate of crow in your life. MY former Toyota drivers become your favorite drivers. Add Herbst to your collection. You're welcome.
It takes them awhile to unlearn everything, but after the un-programing they do pretty well

Back
Top Bottom