2021 Xfinity Series News

Cost to drive at Carl Long Motorsports​

Ahead of Christmas, Carl Long Motorsports and MBM Motorsports released the following message on social media. They are looking for a full-time NASCAR Xfinity Series driver, at the cost of $650,000 to the driver.

“We need 1 more full time driver in Xfinity to complete our line up. You will be going to all Xfinity races. So here is the bargain price of $650,000,” the release opened.

“There are additions like a Cup pit crew, more tires, or engines leased from Gibbs that can be added to the cost.”

My girlfriend said "if we had that we'd buy a house"

Weatherman/Mike Harmon racing had 4 crashes, 2 suspension failures, a battery, transmission and engine failure, and a fire for a total of 10 DNF's in 23 races.

Weatherman/Mike Harmon racing had 4 crashes, 2 suspension failures, a battery, transmission and engine failure, and a fire for a total of 10 DNF's in 23 races.
Hopefully it's a nice bit of coin for them.

Between Weatherman and Currey, I think Harmon has about as good of drivers as he's going to get. They did a great job considering what they were driving last season.

About the furthest up the top 15 as I've ever seen from Harmon's team.

Cost to drive at Carl Long Motorsports​

Ahead of Christmas, Carl Long Motorsports and MBM Motorsports released the following message on social media. They are looking for a full-time NASCAR Xfinity Series driver, at the cost of $650,000 to the driver.

“We need 1 more full time driver in Xfinity to complete our line up. You will be going to all Xfinity races. So here is the bargain price of $650,000,” the release opened.

“There are additions like a Cup pit crew, more tires, or engines leased from Gibbs that can be added to the cost.”

Lets see

Tire Cost for 33 races- $297,000 ( 5 sets per race)
Fuel- Free (Race Car)
Travel and lodging - $25,500 ( Driver only)

That puts it at $322,000 with a net of $327,500 remaining. Not sure how many crew they have but lets say 4 guys and use the same cost as the driver thats another $102,000 so we are down to $225,500 then you are gonna have to get there with the car, another $100,000 so now its $125,000. Pit crew rental from 5 off 5 on raceday only is gonna eat up a large portion of that if not all of it. Engine rebuilds, car repair OR replacement is gonna start taking you in the red pretty quick unless you have a decent sponsor to help out. I guess they know what they are doing but I couldnt make 650,000 work and thats sad.

first top ten in 12 years and 318 races for Harmon. I wonder if he bought everybodies dinner at Applebee's

Mike Harmon Racing is excited to announce that Bayley Currey will drive the #74 Chevrolet Camaro during the 2021 NASCAR Xfinity Series Season. Currey drove the #74 for most of the 2020 season, recording twenty top-20 finishes, the best statistical season record in Mike Harmon Racing team history.

Should be interesting to see who they get for drivers in their rent a ride
Josh Reaume said in the release. “With no single full-time driver, we will have plenty of opportunities to help develop drivers coming through the NASCAR ranks. Being a steppingstone for a driver and their career is something that I take a lot of pride in. We’re excited to work with familiar faces and new faces this year in 2021.”
More than likely a rotation of drivers, maybe even Ford Development drivers.

I think we might see Gilliland and Tanner Gray in the 23 as well to get their feet wet at the next level. After that, who knows? It should be a solid car.

Landon Cassill with a quality ride in Xfinity full time! Probably won't make the playoffs as strong as the field is this year but definitely a top 15 team

More road courses will hurt Cassill. He's horrible at them, but he should be close to a playoff spot. With Sieg, Clements, Brown along with the four at JRM, three at JGR, Snider at RCR, Kaulig, Cindric, and Herbst... It's going to be hard to make that type of progress into the playoffs.

This hasn't been announced yet, but I heard Carl Long/MBM are switching to Ford.

Alex Labbe is returning to DGM next season:

Always good to see Labbe, he's a hell of a driver. Hopefully, he can find more sponsorship to finish the entire season. He's inked in for half of the season, at minimum.

Back
Top Bottom