2021 Xfinity Series News

1635003966022.png

We got a doubleheader at Martinsville today, I'd say thats a hell of a day to be a race fan at the track

It looks like Daniel Hemric's hauler has broken down and may be late arriving at the track. That is the thing I worried about the most while hauling race cars for 20+years. I was lucky and never missed a race but I cut it close a few times. It must be the trailer because if it was the truck they would just rent one and be on the road again. The only 2 things I can think of that would put a trailer completely out of commission to the point it couldn't get repaired fast is a wheel bearing that damaged the axle or the frame breaking apart where the step up to the lounge is. I remember years ago when Joe Amato's top fuel team was heading to the world finals in California and the wheel bearing damaged the axle and because he was in the running for the championship they put it on a low boy and then hauled it to the track and had a crane rental company unload it and set it in their pit spot. He won the championship and then after the race a company came out and replaced the axle.

I just want to add something to my post above. I never thought about how many parts are back ordered right now. So they could just be having problems getting parts in a timely manner.

I just want to add something to my post above. I never thought about how many parts are back ordered right now. So they could be having problems getting parts in a timely manner so it could be just about anything on the trailer.
shops are covered up with work also

shops are covered up with work also
Yep, that's very true. It sure isn't like back in the 70's and 80's when most major dealership repair shops were open 24 hours a day 7days a week. Now most of them close at 11.00pm Mon thru Fri and noon on Sat and closed all day on Sun. So that causes them to be backed up and never really get caught up.

Back
Top Bottom