2022 106th Indianapolis 500 Pre-Race Thread

Weather looks pretty cool tomorrow, a 234 average could be in the cards.

Not sure many people got a second run with all the rain, Ilott and Karam may have picked up a few spots each. McLaughlin pulled a 15th-placed time to go back out and ran 26th.

I’m massively disappointed that they didn’t get more than 33 cars, pole day & bump day doesn’t feel as big this year like it was a few years ago, idk maybe my mind is stuck in 2002 or 2005 but they really should have found at all costs a way to get 34 or 35 entries.

I’m massively disappointed that they didn’t get more than 33 cars, pole day & bump day doesn’t feel as big this year like it was a few years ago, idk maybe my mind is stuck in 2002 or 2005 but they really should have found at all costs a way to get 34 or 35 entries.
I wish they could get 35 or 36 consistently but it was especially hard this year for a variety of reasons. Even the 33rd they wound up putting together for Wilson is Calderon’s #11 road course car turned around into an oval car over a couple of days, maybe still waterlogged from the GP, lol…and with a crew made up of guys from a pro-am IMSA team. Just not enough in the way of chassis and personnel this year, sadly.

I’m not entirely sold on the Fast 12/Fast 6 yet but maybe it’ll be fun, we’ll have to see. I think yesterday would’ve been way more interesting if guys actually got a second run.

CGR and ECR brought absolute HEAT this month. Eleven qualifying runs all-time over 233 MPH and eight have occurred this weekend, with more runs to come.
I'm pretty sure ECR massages the hell out of the Indy 500 cars from the beginning of the season.

If Ed does one thing right, its always bringing fast cars to Indy.

2nd fastest pole time in the history of the 500 for Dixon. David land on YouTube brought up a good point, with the new engine regs for indycar being pushed back a year, teams will have another opportunity to refine and fine tune these engines one more time. If they keep up with the year over year speed increases, we may have a chance at a new record next year.

FTdKfbDWUAUJoCe.jpg

Getting ready for my party this Sunday. 7 of us will be randomly drawing one of these out of a hat. $10 buy in. Whoever gets the winning driver will win the whole pot......

20220523-155206.jpg

I've been doing this for years and it's always a lot of fun. I think I got the idea from someone on here

I believe this was posted on here before, but if you want to go back and watch some of the older Indianapolis 500 races, this is a great site.

Back from being out of town for a few days.
Breezed through the qualifying events in about 6 minutes on Peacock replays.
Happy for Dixie and loved Emma's reaction.
This year hoping for a safe race and a first time winner.

Anyone know if the race will be shown live on Peacock? I know it's still blacked out on local TV, but was curious about Peacock. I can't find any firm information regarding it.

Anyone know if the race will be shown live on Peacock? I know it's still blacked out on local TV, but was curious about Peacock. I can't find any firm information regarding it.
I have Peacock and it only has Friday events as the last thing they will broadcast this week.
This is what Indycar.com has posted:

Oh , and welcome to the forum RHRFan#1 !

Interesting. I'm not a milk guy, but my mom always bought 1% milk for the family. No idea why.
We were a 2% for most of my life, I think she buys fat free now. Me though I started being lactose sensitive as I got into my 20s so it's all lactose free for me these days.

Cause I don't know where to put this but here's a celebrity demolition derby from 1976 with Parnelli Jones and Rick Mears.

Do they still do the formula lights race or whatever they called them, on friday, or is that not even a thing anymore? That was the best race of the week.

Back
Top Bottom