2022 British Grand Prix

What a bizarre season. Reliability amongst all teams has gone back 15 years

Ferrari needs to let Leclerc go ahead or Hamilton is gonna be there.

Correction- Ferrari *should* so I'd expect them to do the opposite

What a bizarre season. Reliability amongst all teams has gone back 15 years
Attrition brings back that Twilight Zone factor we've been missing for a few years. They haven't been able to pass for a lot of years, and the cars didn't break, so once the lights went out the race was usually over. Now they can pass and now they blow up more often. Nothing wrong with a little drama.

Ferrari should switch, but this is much more entertaining. At this point I’d love to see another Lewis win on home turf.

Attrition brings back that Twilight Zone factor we've been missing for a few years. They haven't been able to pass for a lot of years, and the cars didn't break, so once the lights went out the race was usually over. Now they can pass and now they blow up more often. Nothing wrong with a little drama.

I know. I like it. Stick n ball you can look at a team with a 10-5 record going against an opponent with a 5-10 record and have a good idea what the outcome will be. That's never something that should be in racing. The element of unpredictability (and talent, of course) makes our collective sport of auto racing the best in the world, imo.

Well said, Speedbowl.

I remember when you had to take care of the car and the tires and everything. Now it's balls-out the whole time, burn up the tires and get some new ones. Even endurance racing is wide open the whole time.

Don't get too comfortable. In the beginning of the hybrid er they could barely keep a car together, but last year there was very little attrition going on. This won't last too long. The teams will get it figured out and we'll have great reliability again.

Lewis still gaining on the lead while Chuck has clean air. Maybe Sainz was simply DRS towing him around the track.

The fact that Charles is still faster than Sainz with a damaged front wing doesn’t look good for Sainz.

I know a lot of people see Max running away with he championship, but today is really gonna tighten things up. I think it's still anyone's game.

Ferrari of old would’ve swapped Barrichello and Massa by now. I’m glad they’re free to fight, but they’re not gaining any time while Lewis is in old tires.

Ferrari needs to put in some team orders here. Absolutely must capitalize on this off day for Max.

This race
1656864861801.gif

Back
Top Bottom