2022 British Grand Prix

I waffled my opinion on Sainz like four times this weekend. What a race! It had it all. Really can’t believe Ferrari left Leclerc exposed on the hard tire for a sprint while everyone else used the free stop to take new softs. Possibly a huge moment in the championship.

Mick finally scored points! And had a great scrap with Max at the end. He needed that badly.

I bought F1 22 yesterday and decided to watch this race on a whim. Great decision. That was easily the best modern F1 race I've ever seen. I think I was as pumped up watching it as the fans in attendance were.

I'm glad that Zhou Guanyu and Alex Albon are okay after that horrible crash.

As a NASCAR fan who has never been down with and will never understand the concept of team orders in racing, I was really glad to see Carlos Sainz stand up for himself out there. I got a good laugh out of him saying he was going to be faster than Leclerc after he pitted for soft tires. My man called his shot and brought home the win. Good stuff! 👍

Just wow. The level of fair, sporting driving is like nothing we have seen in decades. There was still a little bit of iffy running each other wide, but the improvement this year has been spectacular.

Really happy for Carlos, and even his rivals seemed happy about it.

Sergio put in a hell of a drive.

Lewis probably wanted more, but at least Mercedes seems to have turned the corner and they are no longer that far off.

I only saw the race from the final restart on, so I may have more to say after I have a chance to see the whole thing. Not likely considering we have Indycar, sportscars and nascar still to go. Hell of a weekend.

290723011_7606278206080245_2418527243044013614_n.jpg

George didn't hold his line, but Gasly tried to jam the car in a pretty tight space. Joe was an innocent bystander, ut he got the worst of it.

Nissany needs to be taken around the tool shed.

It's time for him to go, Sean Gaelel knew when it was time to get out of F2. Roy needs to do the same, he's a freaking weapon. What makes it even crazier is that he would be considered a silver driver in the sports car realm.

Those last 10 laps or so haven't been seen in an F1 race for some time. Enjoyed it very much and glad the stewards didn't feel the need to penalize anyone. Just good hard racing and amazing they didn't wreck each other. The drivers showed the talent they have and the new cars are a success.

Those last 10 laps or so haven't been seen in an F1 race for some time. Enjoyed it very much and glad the stewards didn't feel the need to penalize anyone. Just good hard racing and amazing they didn't wreck each other. The drivers showed the talent they have and the new cars are a success.
There was some marginal stuff but overall it was pretty clean.

I love the new cars, but next race the FIA starts policing the bouncing. I'm sure someone will get penalized or DQed, so be prepared for some controversy.

Some quick thoughts

1. Thank God Zhou is okay, that crash was terrifying
2. Thank God the F2 drivers were also okay, that crash was terrifying too.
3. Halo is the best safety feature in open wheel racing since probably the hans device
4. I was wrong and will admit so. Lewis was indeed on a special drive this weekend, and he earned a podium.
5. Crowd was amazing, and when Lewis went from 4th to 2nd in 1 corner briefly, the roar was unbelievable.
6. Congrats on Carlos on his first win, happy for him
7. Checo drove great, especially after his wing damage ruined his strategy
8. LeClerc should be upset at Ferrari
9. I don't know how Ricciardo still has an F1 seat, his performance all weekend was dreadful
10. awesome to see Logan Seargant win the F2 race.

Back
Top Bottom