2022 Grand Prix of Portland

I’m sorry to derail but I 100% think NASCAR Cup should also be going to Portland, Iowa, North Wilkesboro with the way these other series including IndyCar present these tracks.

I’m sorry to derail but I 100% think NASCAR Cup should also be going to Portland, Iowa, North Wilkesboro with the way these other series including IndyCar present these tracks.
Having been to the first Portland race I can tell you that although the track is great, the facilites are non existant with long lineups for porta potties and the odd food stand on the premises. It's far from being a world class facility.

Having been to the first Portland race I can tell you that although the track is great, the facilites are non existant with long lineups for porta potties and the odd food stand on the premises. It's far from being a world class facility.

Gateway isn’t exactly world class either in some spots yet it was fine. Eldora is also the same. JMO

Pato is working his way into contention, will be interesting when everyone else up front has to switch to primaries.

Rahal and Lundgaard have both been pretty racy for a good stretch now. RLL just need to get Harvey into that performance window now too.

it was a good example that even 8 or 10 cars at times can put on a great race.
I lost track of how many photo finishes there were.

I agree. I didn’t care about the car count but evidently Roger’s group or Roger himself thinks it will save a lot of money. It probably does but I loved the Freedom 100.

Back
Top Bottom