2022 Italian Grand Prix

The last couple of races have been disappointing and I'm a Verstappen fan but..... I still want to see a good race and that isn't happening for me.

Red Bull and Verstappen are just too quick. No one can do anything about them.
Ferrari lost the development war…again. Didn’t collect nearly as many points before summer break as they needed to keep it close up to this point.

Yeah. The racing was excellent at the beginning of the year but as the teams (especially Red Bull) have started to figure out this new racing package the racing is becoming boring again. Verstappen is a threat to win every race, even if he starts last.

Yeah, time for the fia to fix (no pun intended) how its ending these yellow flag
endings. They can make it as complicated as they want or just give us
NASCARS green/white/checker rule. At the end of the day, fans just want
some unpredictable entertainment.

I guess that's ok, unless that is, you're trying to win a championship. Monza just underlined how the rules should have been applied at Abu Dabi.

I think the FIA went through a big upheaval over the winter and the new honcho isn't playing around. Everything is by the book now, which is the way it should have always been. Maybe some of the rules are unfair or even stupid, but it's that same for everyone. It does seem they are making much more consistent calls.

Looking at the wheel-to-wheel stuff, it's been almost squeaky clean. It's kind of shocking to see them not swerving all over the place on the straights or running each other off the road. They are driving just like the rule book says, which leads me to believe the new honcho laid down the law that the rule book is the damm rule book and we're gonna follow it.

I mean, God help me for praising the FIA, but whatever they did fixed the dirty driving plague. There's still a little blocking and rough stuff going on, but it's nothing compared to last year's "hard, but fair."

It sounds like the issue here is where the safety car was released out. Since it picked up Russell first, they’d need to wave pretty much everyone by to pick up Max and Charles as the leaders at some point. They decided not to wave everyone by for several laps since the crane was opposite the track and would need to cross twice to clear the car, and it’s safer to keep everyone stacked rather than release the cars to catch back up. By the time Max was through to behind the SC, they’d still need two laps to let lapped cars overtake.

They mostly seemed to follow the rule book this time, but I do think they could’ve gotten a restart had they called the SC immediately. Initially it looked like a waved double yellow for maybe 20-30 seconds, enough for Max and Charles to pass the end of the pits before the SC call.

Yeah. The racing was excellent at the beginning of the year but as the teams (especially Red Bull) have started to figure out this new racing package the racing is becoming boring again. Verstappen is a threat to win every race, even if he starts last.
Right now Verstappen is dominating in a way that is reminiscent of Vettel in 2011 and 2013. I don't think any of the races this year have been snoozers but it's never great when one driver is completely dominant.
I guess we've been a little spoiled last year. Almost every championship battle in F1 history looks boring compared to 2021.

Back
Top Bottom