2022 Japanese Grand Prix

Didn’t catch the end of the race but congrats to Max on another race win and world title. A shame that yet again his championship will be overshadowed by FIA race management. Pretty much every driver has come out against what transpired last night and what happened should never happen again.

They did not create a big enough mess. Maybe next time they can have the safety vehicles go the wrong direction.

This was one of those races where the highlight video was enough. The conditions were so awful it's amazing they ran at all. On the restart you could see standing water on the inside of the front straight. That's simply unacceptable. I'm glad they got the race of without much bad drama.

There has been some complaining that full points should not have been awarded, but I'm glad they were and put this championship out of it's misery. It was pretty clear once Red Bull got rolling there was not going to be any stopping them. The only hope we had of a real fight disappeared with Ferrari constantly throwing results away and Mercedes not being able to get their car right.

Still, it wasn't those things that won it for Red Bull. Red Bull won by smashing everyone. It was not the result I wanted, but when they win that big you gotta suck it up and be happy for them.

Finally, I have been F1's biggest critic for allowing the drivers to race like little Satans. They must have talked to all the drivers in the off season because the driving has been so clean that it did not even look like the same series. We only saw one or two dirty tricks all year long as opposed to every lap last year. The racing this year was nearly as clean as Indycar, which is a pretty high bar to clear.

We know Mercedes will get next year's car right, and we can hope Ferrari tightens up it's strategy department. Next year looks good, but we still have four races to run this year.

Good race, the season has been a cakewalk for Red Bull. Perez earned his money today by pushing Leclerc into a mistake and securing a second WC for Max 👍

Good race, the season has been a cakewalk for Red Bull. Perez earned his money today by pushing Leclerc into a mistake and securing a second WC for Max 👍
The only good thing about this race is that nobody got killed. This was one of the worst races ever. Terrible calls and the winner won by 27 seconds.

Got around to watching the whole thing. Ocon drove a great race. He and Hamilton were masterfully clean head-to-head in tough conditions.

The only good thing about this race is that nobody got killed. This was one of the worst races ever. Terrible calls and the winner won by 27 seconds.

Been a ROUGH year for F1 with these massive wins. Max looks like someone playing NASCAR Heat on easy mode out there

Back
Top Bottom