2022 Late Model Asphalt Racing

racingfan7

Start and Park
Contributor
SRL Southwest Tour is racing the Irwindale All-Star Showdown at Irwindale on Saturday night.

Frankie Muniz, Riley Herbst, former West Series champion Sean Woodside, Dylan Lupton, Derek Thorn, other West Series drivers are entered along with the usual west coast drivers

39 Pro Late Models

35 Super Late Models

Last edited:
Looks like Frankie Muniz finished 10th out of 37 pro late models last night. Not bad.

Super Late Model Results:
1. Derek Thorn, 2. Owen Riddle, 3. Logan Bearden, 4. Cale Kanke, 5. Jeremy Doss, 6. Dan Holtz, 7. Jace Hansen, 8. Jacob Gomes, 9. Riley Herbst, 10. Trevor Huddleston, 11. Chris Davidson, 12. Jeff Bischofberger, 13. Andy Allen, 14. Trevor Cristiani, 15. Cody Dempster, 16. Austin Herzog*, 17. John Moore, 18. Jordan Riddick*, 19. Austin Thom*, 20. Zach Telford*, 21. Jake Finch, 22. Blaine Rocha, 23. Buddy Shepherd, 24. Tyler Tanner, 25. Kole Raz, 26. Scott Sanchez, 27. Mark Neff*, 28. Preston Peltier, 29. Dustin Ash, 30. Andre Prescott, 31. Chris Clyne, 32. Dennis Rock, DNS. Dylan Lupton
* Rookie-of-the-Year Contender

Pro Late Model Results:
1. Dylan Cappello, 2. Jake Bollman, 3. Seth Wise, 4. Trevor Huddleston, 5. Jefferey Peterson, 6. Tyler Reif, 7. Kyle Keller, 8. Bradley Erickson, 9. Logan Zampa, 10. Frankie Muniz, 11. Blaine Rocha, 12. Ethan Nascimento, 13. Sam Solari, 14. Travis McCullough, 15. Mathew Meech, 16. Christian Bazen, 17. Sheldon Cooper, 18. Darrel Herzog, 19. Tanner Reif, 20. Kevin Furden, 21. Sean Woodside, 22. Mike Weimann, 23. Toni McCray, 24. Parker Malone, 25. Aden Daniels, 26. John Sereika, 27. Ryan Schartau, 28. Kyle Meyer, 29. Dylan Zampa, 30. Hans Beeler, 31. Kyle Gottula, 32. Mike Beeler, 33. Ethan Cheek, 34. Jason Gilbert, 35. Joey Iest, 36. Cody Kiemele, 37. Dominic Lopez

SPEARS Modified Series Results:
1. Travis Thirkettle, 2. Jaron Giannini*, 3. Andrew Anderson, 4. Jim Mardis, 5. Travis McCullough, 6. William Guevara, 7. Chris Dalton, 8. Jimmy Sloan*, 9. Brice Bonnett, 10. Kyle Jacks*, 11. Nick Gibson, 12. Ian Elliott, 13. Sam Jacks, 14. Jeff Longman, 15. Dominic Adams*, 16. Stephen Brucker*, 17. Kevin Vossen, 18. Noah Morris*, 19. Holly Clark*, 20. Ray Mros*, 21. Jerry Toporek
*Rookie-of-the-Year Contender

Irwindale Speedway always puts on a good show. Wish the SRL Tour/Irwindale could work out a deal with Flo.

Going to drive down to Southern National for the first time tomorrow.

...just how many racecars does Rick Ware own? He has 4 in this race.

Attachments

• 20220305_164025.jpg
    20220305_164025.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 132

NASCAR and FloRacing will continue their unprecedented investment and commitment to grassroots racing, adding $30,000 to the race purse for the Charlie Powell Memorial South Carolina 400 at Florence Motor Speedway Nov. 18-19. The additional funding from FloRacing – along with added prize money from track and race sponsors – more than doubles the race purse from 2021.

The incremental purse will provide additional prize money to the winner, but the majority of the extra investment will go to the middle and back of the field. The last 20 finishers will receive more than double the purse from last year.

The South Carolina 400 was formerly known as the Myrtle Beach 400, a race that took place at Myrtle Beach Speedway. This year is the 30th anniversary of the event. Florence Motor Speedway owner Steve Zacharias formerly served as general manager at Myrtle Beach Speedway. Zacharias purchased Florence after Myrtle Beach closed in 2020 with the goal of making it a premier destination for racers across the country.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. will compete in the event, which also features many of the top drivers in grassroots racing. The South Carolina 400 will air live and exclusive on FloRacing.

Dale Jr. will compete in the South Carolina 400 @ Florence Motor Speedway in South Carolina in November.

The 2023 NASCAR All-Star Race week has expanded to bring even more race action and entertainment to historic North Wilkesboro Speedway in 2023. As part of NASCAR’s 75th-anniversary season, All-Star week will now feature five days of on-track competition, two concerts and throwback pricing on a variety of concessions.

With the addition of the CRA Super Late Model Series on Tuesday, May 16, CARS Late Model Stock Tour on Tuesday-Wednesday, May 16-17 and CARS Pro Late Models on Wednesday, May 17 to the race week lineup, fans will be treated to five action-packed days of racing at the iconic Wilkes County facility. All-Star Week will culminate with NASCAR CRAFTSMAN Truck and Cup Series practice, qualifying and race events taking place Friday-Sunday, May 19-21.

In addition to all of the on-track action, the speedway will host concerts Friday and Saturday for NASCAR All-Star Race weekend ticketholders. Artists for the concerts will be announced a later date. All at-track events will also feature throwback concession pricing with $2 hotdogs, $2 Coca-Cola products, $2 Dasani water and $3 beer.

Following select pre-sales, three-day ticket packages for the highly anticipated race weekend at North Wilkesboro Speedway will go on sale to the general public at noon on Wednesday, Nov. 2 at www.NorthWilkesboroSpeedway.com.

The historic race weekend will feature NASCAR’s return to North Wilkesboro Speedway, one of NASCAR’s original tracks, during the diamond anniversary for the sport. Highlighted by the 39th running of the NASCAR All-Star Race on Sunday, May 21, and a NASCAR CRAFTSMAN Truck Series race on Saturday, May 20, the event weekend will be the first time either NASCAR series has visited the venerable 0.625-mile short track since 1996.

“Hosting the NASCAR All-Star Race at North Wilkesboro Speedway is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,” said Speedway Motorsports President and CEO Marcus Smith. “Our goal is to jam pack the entire week with great racing and entertainment for fans both on site and watching on FS1.

“Adding two days of late model racing to the calendar makes the week even more spectacular,” Smith added. “We can’t wait to see which NASCAR drivers get behind the wheel mid-week before running for the big money on Sunday.”

North Wilkesboro adds two more days of racing for All Star week with the CRA Super Late Model Series & CARS Late Model Tour.

Dale Jr. will compete in the South Carolina 400 @ Florence Motor Speedway in South Carolina in November.
Was just getting ready to post that Jr would be running the Charlie Powell memorial, Dale Sr was really fond of Charlie and would send Dale Jr to race in Florence whenever he could get a break in the schedule from running Myrtle Beach. He got a win there back in the late 90's. Would love to get a car together and put Charles Powell III back behind the wheel to renew their rivalry but the people who rent these things out now just want too much money that it doesnt make sense to even try.

Guy continues to put his money where his mouth is. Grass roots and NASCAR will benefit for a long time. However, Jr is getting ready to feel the headaches of being the head of a sanctioning body.
This is great news, Jr is really about growing and helping the sport of stock car racing. Maybe Jr will have his own Mike Helton to deal with the headaches?

This is great news, Jr is really about growing and helping the sport of stock car racing. Maybe Jr will have his own Mike Helton to deal with the headaches?
He probably will keep the same people running the show but I guarantee you the very first race his series runs, a competitor or fan will have a beef about something. As sure as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west and no matter what it will be his fault. Charlie Powell, the guy the memorial race is being run in honor of was a promoter and track owner at Florence and Summerville SC and I watched every single weekend I attended the races there the complete bull$hit that he had to put up with, he always was accused of favoritism or making up rules, complaints about the flagman etc etc..... You couldnt pay me enough to put up with that crap. It takes a special person to do that job. BTW he was The National Promoter of the Year in 96 and good friends with Humpy Wheeler

He probably will keep the same people running the show but I guarantee you the very first race his series runs, a competitor or fan will have a beef about something. As sure as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west and no matter what it will be his fault. Charlie Powell, the guy the memorial race is being run in honor of was a promoter and track owner at Florence and Summerville SC and I watched every single weekend I attended the races there the complete bull$hit that he had to put up with, he always was accused of favoritism or making up rules, complaints about the flagman etc etc..... You couldnt pay me enough to put up with that crap. It takes a special person to do that job. BTW he was The National Promoter of the Year in 96 and good friends with Humpy Wheeler

Steve Zacharias races at his own track on occasion and his son races there and nobody bats an eyelash.

I think attitudes towards this have changed.

Steve Zacharias races at his own track on occasion and his son races there and nobody bats an eyelash.

I think attitudes towards this have changed.
They dont care if he races, its gonna be all the ancillary stuff that goes with running the series

Like the announcer said I've never seen a super late try to blow over before.

Other good photos of it on JRM social media.

The races at Florence and Southern National are going to be off the charts. Probably sell out crowds both races.

And then next season begins with the Icebreaker, the $20,000-to-win race in Jacksonville, the $30,000-to-win Old North Nationals, and North Wilkesboro in the spring. Then South Boston, Langley, and the the three Hickory majors in the summer.

What a time for Late Model Stock Car racing.

The races at Florence and Southern National are going to be off the charts. Probably sell out crowds both races.

And then next season begins with the Icebreaker, the $20,000-to-win race in Jacksonville, the $30,000-to-win Old North Nationals, and North Wilkesboro in the spring. Then South Boston, Langley, and the the three Hickory majors in the summer.

What a time for Late Model Stock Car racing.

I’d like to see Irwindale Speedway try to get a Cup driver or 2 for their Winter Showdown during the Clash weekend in LA.

I wish they could get a big live late model race on TV like FS1 or CBSSN, seems like it’s been a while

FloRacing and Racing America pay the tracks to stream these races. Tracks would have to pay Fox Sports, CBS Sports Network, or even MAVTV for airtime.

It'd be cool if FS1, or at least FS2, aired the CARS Tour race at North Wilkesboro during the All Star Week. They aired the Late Model Stock Car race from Daytona several years ago, but Fox doesn't seem like they care about racing anymore. They used to show the Super Late Model race at Irwindale when they had the Toyota All Star Showdown on SPEED too. Hell, SPEED used to air the Late Model Stock Car race at Richmond, and NBC aired the one from South Boston one time.

FloRacing and Racing America pay the tracks to stream these races. Tracks would have to pay Fox Sports, CBS Sports Network, or even MAVTV for airtime.

It'd be cool if FS1, or at least FS2, aired the CARS Tour race at North Wilkesboro during the All Star Week. They aired the Late Model Stock Car race from Daytona several years ago, but Fox doesn't seem like they care about racing anymore. They used to show the Super Late Model race at Irwindale when they had the Toyota All Star Showdown on SPEED too. Hell, SPEED used to air the Late Model Stock Car race at Richmond, and NBC aired the one from South Boston one time.

Yeah I’m probably gonna get DirtVision since I love sprint cars. Wish Flo had more options by race or if they do it seem like it’s $24.99 a race, I guess that’s not how it works to make money lol.

The late models at the Daytona backstretch oval & Irwindale are the last I remember.

Yeah I’m probably gonna get DirtVision since I love sprint cars. Wish Flo had more options by race or if they do it seem like it’s $24.99 a race, I guess that’s not how it works to make money lol.

The late models at the Daytona backstretch oval & Irwindale are the last I remember.

Flo is the best deal around. $150/year, includes the Chili Bowl, MAVTV, NASCAR sanctioned tracks, USAC, ARCA, NASCAR Modifieds, SMART Modifieds. They even have drag racing and snowmobile racing in the winter.

Flo is the best deal around. $150/year, includes the Chili Bowl, MAVTV, NASCAR sanctioned tracks, USAC, ARCA, NASCAR Modifieds, SMART Modifieds. They even have drag racing and snowmobile racing in the winter.
Flo is the better deal by far.

Back
Top Bottom