2022 Miami Grand Prix

Ok, great weekend except for the podium logistics.
That needs to be rethought.

A couple of races in a row now Red Bull seem to work the tires better over long runs.

The safety car was good, it was a pretty physical race already but everyone seemed to really get into it after that. Great driving from Max and Charles both. This is an awesome title fight so far.

Russell keeps grinding out top 5s, still the only driver to finish up there in every race. The kid is proving he deserved a Merc seat for sure.

This race was a wow on every level. Fantastic venue and a fabulous facility, plus we got a good race out of it.

Having only seen a video game rendering of the track, I hated the chicane. What the video game hid was the elevation change and bumps there. The elevation peaks right at the apex, and then there's a bump that some cars were lifting the RF wheel off the ground. It's actually an interesting challenge.

The rest of the track is simply beautiful and has a nice flow. I can live with the chicane. Watch the cars go through there in slow mo and you can see how difficult it was.

I know I have been critical of Verstappen in the past, but so far this year he's driven cleanly in several wheel to wheel battles and won every race he's finished pretty convincingly. Verstappen is turning out to be a worthy champion.

Mercedes is improving their car a bit over every race, so they were right when they said there's no quick fix.

Swoopy new cars, great racing and exotic locations. F1 is going pretty well right now,

Was curious what the demo numbers would look like with the expanded audience. Some dilution from the prime demo, but still very strong performance overall in terms of what networks and advertisers want.

I hope we get to keep this event because it was a good one. It had a good buzz to it. They did a fantastic job on the track, though admittedly needed a few more soft barriers. They had to fix some pavement, but it wasn't an issue on race day.

As much criticism as the fake marina and water have gotten, on TV, and at speed, it's just backdrop and you're watching the cars anyway. As a result, it all really looked great on TV. Really great.

I really like the circuit because it's so similar to Jedda. Formula One cars are in their element on fast tracks, and I'm glad were getting back to more of those. It makes sense to race the world's fastest cars on the world's fastest circuits, doesn't it?

The chicane everyone hates isn't that bad. It's got a lot of challenges with the elevation peaking at the apex, and with a bump just before that unsettles the car. Run it through a few times in slo motion and you will see what I mean. It's a unique challenge, but then again, it's pretty damm slow, made worse by the cars being so huge.

The race had a lot going for it because just when we thought it was settled there was that last yellow. There was lots of good racing, and even some bad racing too. That, and the setting was just perfect and the track showcased F1 cars they way they should be seen. I love the new cars.

I hope we get to keep this event because it was a good one. It had a good buzz to it. They did a fantastic job on the track, though admittedly needed a few more soft barriers. They had to fix some pavement, but it wasn't an issue on race day.

As much criticism as the fake marina and water have gotten, on TV, and at speed, it's just backdrop and you're watching the cars anyway. As a result, it all really looked great on TV. Really great.

I really like the circuit because it's so similar to Jedda. Formula One cars are in their element on fast tracks, and I'm glad were getting back to more of those. It makes sense to race the world's fastest cars on the world's fastest circuits, doesn't it?

The chicane everyone hates isn't that bad. It's got a lot of challenges with the elevation peaking at the apex, and with a bump just before that unsettles the car. Run it through a few times in slo motion and you will see what I mean. It's a unique challenge, but then again, it's pretty damm slow, made worse by the cars being so huge.

The race had a lot going for it because just when we thought it was settled there was that last yellow. There was lots of good racing, and even some bad racing too. That, and the setting was just perfect and the track showcased F1 cars they way they should be seen. I love the new cars.
This is why for years I've said Watkins Glen needs an F1 race. I know it's way up there but damn, those cars would be unreal to watch with two solid DRS zones

This is why for years I've said Watkins Glen needs an F1 race. I know it's way up there but damn, those cars would be unreal to watch with two solid DRS zones

Ya got $20m to bring it to FIA grade 1 specs? That'd get you started with the entire ARMCO barrier getting replaced....

Ya got $20m to bring it to FIA grade 1 specs? That'd get you started with the entire ARMCO barrier getting replaced....
Also I think the likelihood NASCAR dumps a metric ****ton of money into screwing up the track, to then have the privilege to fork over another ****ton of money for the sanctioning fee to F1 to play on their own turf is less than zero at this point lol.

Back
Top Bottom