2022 Misc. sports car racing

Platinum drivers will be banned from GT Masters to reinforce the “next generation” concept. I can’t tell if DTM Endurance is just a step on the pyramid or if GT Masters and Prototype Cup will be running together now?

Glad they kept the one-driver sprint format and went back to a more German-centric calendar.

Glad they'll finally stop wasting money by racing in places where no one knows DTM exists. I expected them to cancel GT Masters outright, will be interesting to see if they can make this concept work.
Love to see the Sachsenring on the schedule btw.

1 AM-1 PM ET Sunday, might give this one a look before football. Record entry including 30 GT3 cars in the Gulf 12’s first year as part of the IGTC.

I can’t tell if DTM Endurance is just a step on the pyramid or if GT Masters and Prototype Cup will be running together now?
Apparently the Prototype Cup (didn't even know it existed) and GT Masters will be running together and GT Masters team owners are not pleased with that decision.
"DTM Endurance" is supposed to be on Free-TV as well but races will still only be one hour and GT teams are not expected to compete for overall victories .

Apparently the Prototype Cup (didn't even know it existed) and GT Masters will be running together and GT Masters team owners are not pleased with that decision.
"DTM Endurance" is supposed to be on Free-TV as well but races will still only be one hour and GT teams are not expected to compete for overall victories .
That sucks, I’ve seen several teams pull the plug on their plans within the last week or so. I’d hate to have to run with LMP3 cars (a blight upon motorsports) and not be able to compete for overall win anymore, so I don’t blame them. Don’t know why they can’t just stay separate series on the same step of the pyramid.

Back
Top Bottom