2022 World of Outlaws

Marks holds on for the win. Schuchart and Brown were right there. Track was on the narrow side, if it widens out more tomorrow will be even better.

Chances of rain in the area. I may try a 24 car ARCA field at Iowa Speedway instead of driving to Knoxville for a rainout.

Decent show, groove needs to widen out a little for sure

Threatening skies at Knoxville Raceway. 50+ WoO cars in attendance & 23 360 cars.

A lot of storm activity in the region, but the radar looks like it is possible Knoxville will escape with little of it. Hope they get it in.

Man this series needs to get back into a few markets it has been in for years that they aren’t going to in 2023. Hopefully they go back to Vado, NM & I-80 in Nebraska next year too.

A lot of storm activity in the region, but the radar looks like it is possible Knoxville will escape with little of it. Hope they get it in.

I thought about going to Lake Ozark with the rain. Show looks strong there, hope the Xtreme Series’ takes off and helps USAC.

Nasty crash here in Knoxville. Everyone is all good! Thank god for good safety these days.

E15DA9B4-1147-4D49-820B-E011FD446D72.jpeg

They lost a bunch of cars from that resulting in a scratched C-Main.

Watching the B-Main (I know that WoO calls it the LCS), track still feels narrow and hard to pass. Hopefully the 360s will get it run in more in their feature, and we'll get a racey main event.

Cool to see local hero Brian Brown beat the Outlaws on his home turf. He passed Sweet to do it, was definitely the faster car.

I thought Gravel would be more of a factor based on qualifying.

1. Brian Brown
2. Brad Sweet
3. Spencer Bayston
4. Donny Schatz
5. Carson Macedo

Haudenschild wins the first night at Beaver Dam ahead of Carson Macedo, who stayed close and threatened late, and David Gravel in third.

Sheldon sweeps the weekend at Beaver Dam, taking the $20 000 victory tonight. Donny Schatz charges to second, Logan Schuchart third, Gravel fourth. Sweet had a late flat tire, was able to change it and finish 11th, but points tighten up.

When you want to sell junk on Facebook and can't even get facts right...
Screenshot_20220620-190113_Facebook.jpg

Monday night warmup for the Dirt Cup at Skagit Speedway is on Flo.

What a treat. 😎

Opening night of 4 here at our home track, Husets. Inaugural High Bank Nationals. Was previously scheduled for 3 night but a earlier rain out got lumped in. I hope the track can hold out. Weather is nearly perfect. Headed in (9miles) to tailgate around 2.

I can't imagine 4 nights of World of Outlaws. That would be great! Enjoy!

A-Main coming up next, Kasey Kahne on the pole and Buddy Kofoid lining up alongside.

Kahne leads most of the race and almost wins his first Outlaws race. He led until Gravel passed him, but then Gravel crashed whlle trying to lap a car, and Kahne regained the lead until 5 to go, when he was passed by Spencer Bayston. Nice win for Bayston, who has been very fast lately.

1. Spencer Bayston
2. Carson Macedo
3. Kasey Kahne
4. Buddy Kofoid
5. James McFadden

Kahne leads most of the race and almost wins his first Outlaws race. He led until Gravel passed him, but then Gravel crashed whlle trying to lap a car, and Kahne regained the lead until 5 to go, when he was passed by Spencer Bayston. Nice win for Bayston, who has been very fast lately.

1. Spencer Bayston
2. Carson Macedo
3. Kasey Kahne
4. Buddy Kofoid
5. James McFadden
Top 5 for Buddy...he is getting better with each race.

Good night to be a rookie! Happy for the CJB team

A lot of different faces up front tonight. Buddy Kofoid withstands a challenge from James McFadden to notch his first WoO victory.

1. Buddy Kofoid
2. James McFadden
3. Parker Price Miller
4. Brock Zearfoss
5. Hunter Schuerenberg

Brad Sweet finishes 14th, and most of those behind him in points gain on him to close the gap.

Sweet finally has some genuinely bad luck with the incident with Rico, yet still somehow the crew gets him back out, and he salvages an 11th out of what could have been a 24th.

Carson Macedo wins, shaving more off the points lead, and it looks like the #41 is primed to make another run.

Riley Goodno finishes third for a podium run that nobody saw coming.

1. Carson Macedo
2. Brian Brown
3. Riley Goodno
4. Spencer Bayston
5. David Gravel

Embarrassing situation with the crossing gate they have in the wall on the front stretch at Huset's. There were a few incidents of cars hitting it this weekend, including a major crash involving Noah Gass.

In the feature, one car struck it, knocking it open, and then David Gravel tagged it while running second, followed by a couple others.

They need to fix this and move the gate elsewhere or modify it.

Ho hum first 30 laps with a hammer down track. Phenomenal final 10 laps. First James McFadden passed race-long leader Carson Macedo. Then Sheldon Haudenschild made an incredible charge to go from third to first on the final lap. He takes the $100,000 victory.

1. Sheldon Haudenschild
2. James McFadden
3. Buddy Kofoid

Finish of the year.

You can thank that gate for the way the race ended, because without that yellow, the track was not going to widen out. It was a pretty ugly first 15 laps or so.

If only yesterday had been a points event, it would be even closer. Then again, Sheldon basically said in victory lane that he went for broke because it wasn't for points.

Back
Top Bottom