2023 All Star race

I haven’t watched the last three AS races. I’ll restrain my interest until the format is announced.

This is awesome news, can't wait.

Haven't been on here in about a week. Just wanted to log in and say this:

BRAVO NASCAR!!! The best announcement in quite a while from my opinion. I haven't given a **** about the All-Star race in probably 10 years, and I literally can't wait to see the Cup cars race there next year.

Yea the format will be so freaking stupid that nobody can understand the rules.... but Cup cars will be where they belong. I hope this leads to the track returning in 2024 with a proper date.

I can't applaud this move enough. To everybody for years who said NWS is never coming back, you can all go eat crow and pound sand!

Now, let's get the Rock back too please.

302182130_10160148176759437_4631987795339900402_n.jpg

Those fans are basically standing on the track they're so close lol. That's wild
That was common at most tracks back in the day. But that all came to a screaching
halt in May of 1987 when Bobby Allison cut a tire and tore down a large section
of catch fence at Talladega. Which also gave us the carb plates for plate racing.

I’m so glad NASCAR is going back to North Wilkesboro

Reactions: sdj
Hopefully instead of trying to reinvent racing they just run heats and a feature
Tbh for that race only (or some type of exhibition - not a points race), they should have it as the Cup series (drivers, race length etc) but have them all run Xfinity cars.
It would be so much different than what most of them are used that it probably would add more driver into the mix, especially since the ones who do run there are only allowed 5 race per year.

3 segments with driver elimination for the first two, with a driver inversion for the 3rd segment-final main event. Fans vote on how many drivers get inverted for the final. That should be simple enough but yet fun for fans at track and viewers at home.

As much as I’d love to be there, we’ve opted to watch this one on TV, and wait for (hopefully) a full Cup series race the following year at NWS. It would be great to combine the ASR with the following weekend’s Charlotte 600 event, but we’ve already committed to plenty of races in 2023: the Roval, Bristol night race, Homestead and possibly Daytona 500. Gotta watch the budget. This year we attended Gateway and will be at Homestead.

Back
Top Bottom