2023 Australian Grand Prix

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
F1 after dark this weekend.

9EE4DF6C-37EE-4589-9C00-462BD7E1A9FE.jpeg

Reactions: sdj
Mercedes actually turning it around.

I’m impressed. From Bahrain to this race they have made quite a jump in performance. George is a beast. 3-0 on Hamilton 🧐

Great qualifying session, encouraging performance from Mercedes to grab P2 and P3 ahead of Alonso. Really impressive P8 run by Albon in the Williams. Checo had a lot of issues Saturday and wound up beaching it in Q1 and so will start the race from the back of the grid.

Great qualifying session, encouraging performance from Mercedes to grab P2 and P3 ahead of Alonso. Really impressive P8 run by Albon in the Williams. Checo had a lot of issues Saturday and wound up beaching it in Q1 and so will start the race from the back of the grid.

What’s with Checo lately? He’s been poking Red Bull lately with strange comments like saying Red Bull is a 1 car team and today complaining a lot about his crew not fixing ****.

Od boy might be getting the drop kick if he continues to **** around. Lol

What’s with Checo lately? He’s been poking Red Bull lately with strange comments like saying Red Bull is a 1 car team and today complaining a lot about his crew not fixing ****.

Od boy might be getting the drop kick if he continues to **** around. Lol
They attributed it to brake balance issues, he went off several times in FP3 too. There’s a thread about it here:

Damn tough track to have to start last at. They better have that ish fixed by tonight.

• Wow
Reactions: sdj
Lots of surprises in quali. Red Bull doesn't appear to be miles ahead anymore, at least in quali trim. Merc is much better. Alonso still at the top of his game. Albon pulls a shocker and puts the Williams in 8th. I don't think the weekend is done surprising us, so the race should be interesting.

I figure by about Barcelona that Mercedes will have a complete sidepod/underbody revision. If this car is peaked out, they need to throw as much away as they can. There's not enough time or budget to build a totally new car. They have to revise this one.

As the car is, it's not too bad. George is only a couple of tenths back, but that's in Q trim. We don't know how the Merc is going to be in the race, but it's probably better than it was last race.

Mercedes will make the race interesting because it looked like no one would have anything for Red Bull all year, and they slashed that gap in a single race. My guess is Verstappen will probably run away with it again, but it won't be as ridiculous as the first two races.

Otherwise the biggest surprise this weekend for me is how well Albon is running, and how Williams has turned things around.

Gutted for Alex. Safety car and a red flag within the first ten laps, pretty rare.

Free pit stop under the red flag makes zero sense and I have no idea why they still do it. I remember this being an issue a decade ago at one of Vettel’s wins at Monaco. It’s a mystery why they haven’t fixed it yet.

F1 rules that make negative sense. Also I can't say I remember ever seeing a red flag for gravel on the track in any top racing series

4 DRS zones is mana from heaven for Red Bull. They only needed 1.

Max is gone already.

What is up with these guys? It takes a minute to call a safety car for a tire sitting in the racing line?

That tire failure was weird.
2nd Red flag...
Should be an interesting finish...

Alonso wants a freebie. You're crashed mate.

They should tack on overtime at this point. Can still wreck the other half of the field.

They should tack on overtime at this point. Can still wreck the other half of the field.

F1 wants to NASCAR it up so bad.

This was obviously happening once they threw the red flag with 2 laps. How can you not expect everyone to go crazy in a 2 lap shootout?

F1 wants to NASCAR it up so bad.

This was obviously happening once they threw the red flag with 2 laps. How can you not expect everyone to go crazy in a 2 lap shootout?
Dumb rules, even dumber enforcement. Race direction has been shambolic since Whiting died.

30 Minutes to set up the grid to finish under safety car conditions. lol

Back
Top Bottom