2023 F1 Miami Grand Prix Race thread

Max will win.
I'm not going to bet against a guy that won 15 races last year, but I hope Sergio will push him for the championship. I don't even care if max wins......I just want to see a good fight.

It's not a sure thing though. Look what happened to Max last week and he's starting further back here. He could be damaged or even out on the first lap. It's a motor race. You never know what is going to happen and that keeps it interesting, but sadly you could be right. We need more chaos!

Not sure if it matters but Perez started on medium and pitted for hard tires.
Max started on hard tires. I assume he switch to medium on his pit stop

Perez is running faster laps and I think he is inside the delta to overtake Max on the pit stop.

Max is lapping well enough right now that I think he walks away with it sooner than 3 to go.

My thoughts may be a miss I am just reading current postion, lap times, and pit status without actually watching things in real time.

Red Bulls trading fastest laps on 35 lap old tires.

Oh, damm, Hulkenberg fastest lap!

What the total pit road time to retain the lead? 18 to 20ish seconds?

Lewis never seizes to impress me. What a stud. What a recovery drive.

We're all sick of the domination. Just don't let that spoil your view of the historic greatness we are seeing unfold. It's not just Verstappen. The whole team is operating at a higher level than even last year. This is a serious contender for GOAT team status.

Yeah, the domination isn't very good racing, but we've got Indycar and IMSA for that, with WEC getting better every time out.

The Red Bulls are identical, right? Did you see how Max blew by Chico at the end? Identical cars, but look at the speed their DRS gives the second car. It almost looked like Checo let him go, but we know that was never going to happen. It just looked like it because it was too easy.

The Red Bulls are identical, right? Did you see how Max blew by Chico at the end? Identical cars, but look at the speed their DRS gives the second car. It almost looked like Checo let him go, but we know that was never going to happen. It just looked like it because it was too easy.
I don’t think any lappers were ahead of them so I think it was only Max who had DRS. They played nice and each gave each other room into turn 1, there were previous Red Bull pairings who maybe wouldn’t have done that.

So the piece of ****t W14 is done after this race? New spec car at Imola? I hope.

I don’t think any lappers were ahead of them so I think it was only Max who had DRS

You are correct. I misspoke. I was pointing out the difference their DRS makes is absurd. Max blew by Checo like it was nothing.

. They played nice and each gave each other room into turn 1, there were previous Red Bull pairings who maybe wouldn’t have done that.
Well, it was a first for Sergio if you ask Estaban!

So the piece of ****t W14 is done after this race? New spec car at Imola? I hope.
Toto has said the car will have a "new architecture," which means we are all going to have to guess. My guess is the driver will be moved back, per Hamilton's demand, and it will have Red Bull style sidepods.

I didn't hate this race - I know some people were kinda "ehh" about it because it basically was a non-event at the front, but it's one of those races where the results may matter a lot more in 4 months time. Good amount of overtaking even if all of it was DRS-involved, it felt like. Race was clean, no one crashed, no one went to the hospital, no stupid safety cars, and the entire race clipped by in about 90 minutes. That's like half the length of some of those Avengers movies.

I didn't hate this race - I know some people were kinda "ehh" about it because it basically was a non-event at the front, but it's one of those races where the results may matter a lot more in 4 months time. Good amount of overtaking even if all of it was DRS-involved, it felt like. Race was clean, no one crashed, no one went to the hospital, no stupid safety cars, and the entire race clipped by in about 90 minutes. That's like half the length of some of those Avengers movies.
Funny thing is. I was about to write the same thing. We didn't even have wheel banging or a broken front wing. I don't think anyone even spun. I can't think of another race this clean. I predicted a Twilight Zone race, and while today doesn't quite qualify, we don't see many like this.

We're all sick of the domination. Just don't let that spoil your view of the historic greatness we are seeing unfold. It's not just Verstappen. The whole team is operating at a higher level than even last year. This is a serious contender for GOAT team status.

Yeah, the domination isn't very good racing, but we've got Indycar and IMSA for that, with WEC getting better every time out.
I appreciate dominance as it’s happening, in racing it’s so hard to achieve and even harder to sustain. While I myself have fast forwarded the DVR sometimes during this latest Red Bull era of dominance, I’m always quick to remind myself this is a team and a driver operating at the peak of their powers.

The Vettel 4 in a Row (10-13) WDC team was pretty great too. It’s special how Red Bull has been dominant with these two fellas

Kevin Magnussen.

I still want to see him in the works Ferrari one day, what a drive from him this race. Did a phenomenal job against Leclerc, that was some staunch defensive driving and wheel-to-wheel racing.

Kevin Magnussen.

I still want to see him in the works Ferrari one day, what a drive from him this race. Did a phenomenal job against Leclerc, that was some staunch defensive driving and wheel-to-wheel racing.
Mags was a hazard until he came to the US and learned to drive cleanly. He's been really solid since his return to Haas.

Good clean racing today.
There needs to be a dirver shuffle for next season amongst most teams.
I don't know who would get axed and who would replace them. The closest thing we have to a squid is Sargent, but at least he stays out of the way.

I think far better is to leave everything alone, especially the rules, because the longer you leave things alone, the more teams and drivers figure it out and the competition gets better. The teams get the car better and the driver becomes more entrenched in the team. Everyone works better together and it's good for everyone.

We had all new rules last year and look how that worked out. If you go through all the teams, I can't think of one driver who needs to get shuffled out. Even Sargent has only had a handful of races, and the rest are pretty well behaved except on restarts (think Oz). Last year I believe the FIA told the drivers what was expected of them, and we see very few dirty tricks or blocking. I was impressed with the wheel to wheel respect they gave each other last year. It was a sharp contrast to the choppin', blockin' and swerving we've seen for the last 30 years.

Now if you are talking about things like a Hamilton/LeClerc swap, yeah, that would shake things up.

Back
Top Bottom