2023 Firestone Grand Prix of Monterey

Leaders Circle battle is very tight heading into the final race.

Track record will be shattered thanks to the repave, even the Indy NXT cars were pacing quicker than last year’s IndyCar times in today’s practice. Unfortunately that means no more crazy tire wear or 4-stop strategies.

Will Power has not had a winless season since his 2006 Champ Car Rookie of the Year campaign.

Reactions: JW1
That engine sounded angry pulling away from the pits and at one spot on the track when drifting wide. The engine sounded great at full song and working through the shifts.

Just caught second practice on their YouTube channel in full.

Are they going to show the race live on there as well being that it is the finale?

Just caught second practice on their YouTube channel in full.

Are they going to show the race live on there as well being that it is the finale?
Huh, that’s interesting. Not sure how that happened. As far as I can see it’s just NBC/Peacock.

Well, Rossi started it out ninth last week and finished 20th. So I am hoping he keeps up the good work again this week. So let's start off putting a curse on that punk. ZULU!! ZULU!! And that's all I have to say about that. 🤐🤐🤐

This track has been pretty treacherous this weekend, you go the slightest bit off line and there’s zero grip with this repave. And there’s nothing but gravel and walls beyond that.

Wild save by Ferrucci.

Power dumped Pedersen…lots of Twilight Zone activity behind Palou.

Hunter Reay is 9th. Will a good showing keep him in the game for another year?

Strategy is just all over the place with so many yellows. Hopefully it leads to a unique winner, at least.

Well it’s never a good sign if they’re refueling the pace car. 😬

Think this needs to be a “restart after the final corner” type of track…

Back
Top Bottom