2023 NASCAR Brasil Sprint Race

donthaveanickname

Team Owner
The schedule for the first season under NASCAR leadership was announced last week.
The schedule includes 18 races at 6 different locations. The season finale will take place on Goiania's "oval" layout.

The NASCAR Brasil cars actually look a lot like the NextGen to me. Along with the Stock Car Pro Series there should be some great racing coming out of Brazil this year.

1674147081014.png

One week to go till the start of NASCAR in South America.
I haven't seen a lot of driver announcements yet but among the ones that have been announced are some familiar names from Stock Car like Julio Campos, Beto Monteiro and Vitor Genz.

Regulations have also been announced.
Drivers will be divided into three classes: Pro, Pro-Am and Am.
There will be a prize fund of 500,000 real for the Top 10 of each race which is about $96,000.
Double-file restarts, overtime and free pass rules will be similar to the American NASCAR series.
One of the 8 rounds is scheduled to feature an American guest driver.
What kinda disappointed me are the technical regulations: V6 engines with just 300 hp.

Ouch...I can already hear the uproar if Cup ever had Sideview mirrors

Ouch...I can already hear the uproar if Cup ever had Sideview mirrors
I don't think they have spotters so it makes sense.
Would probably make for a few debris cautions every week if they raced them in Cup.

They also have actual doors on those cars and a few of them went flying during the first race weekend.

They ran their first oval races earlier this month and didn't disappoint.

They ran their first oval races earlier this month and didn't disappoint.

Going the wrong way. 😎

Gonna tell the grandkids one day this was The Intimidator and The King.

IMG_1725.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom