2023 Spring/Summer Weather Thread

Raining again. California’s farming communities are getting hammered, damaging fields and destroying this year’s projected crop harvests.

Got another inch of rain this past 24 hours.
42.76” of rain since Oct. 1st 2022.
IMG_1677.jpeg

Severe thunderstorms and a couple tornados around here this evening. Fortunately tornados were down south of us in Delaware and another was a few miles North and missed us.

Yep, in Florida you can go from drought to flooding in a few hours. We got 1/2 inch yesterday in Highlands county, Fl., not enough to hardly wet the ground, Ft. Lauderdale is 90 miles East of us.

Since Tuesday of this week, we have had 8 inches of rain at the Hunting camp, it is 4:15PM now and it is raining again. At the rate of rain right now this will be a 2 to 4 inch rain for sure.

Yesterday afternoon we got 2.5 inches in 30 minutes.

If you were not born and reared here in Florida, this all seems odd, but, it is not.

Since Tuesday of this week, we have had 8 inches of rain at the Hunting camp, it is 4:15PM now and it is raining again. At the rate of rain right now this will be a 2 to 4 inch rain for sure.

Yesterday afternoon we got 2.5 inches in 30 minutes.

If you were not born and reared here in Florida, this all seems odd, but, it is not.
Sounds like here.

Tornado Coverage With Storm Chasers On The Ground. everybody near these,be safe!​

Reactions: sdj
I HATE SUMMER! Feel like I'm going to catch on fire as soon as I step outside. And that's only at 105 degrees. I can't even imagine how they feel in Arizona.

After some bad weather the last few days it actually feels like spring today.
Just beautiful with the truck reading 66 before work. Was early so mozied around before work
20230805_141345.jpg
20230805_140153.jpg

20230805_133220.jpg

I have always felt I have a pretty good life and have enjoyed a lot of great things. But you my friend are a step above anything I ever do. Those are some great shots. 😎😃

Back
Top Bottom