2023 Tulsa Shootout

Byrson posted that her engine blew on facebook is this true?

1106287.jpg

Yes. It seemed to be sour right off the bat ... she dropped to the rear from 14th starting in just a few laps. It expired in a cloud of oil smoke at lap 40 or so.

On to The Chili Bowl.

I think there's something similar for that that uses similar cars...I've tried to get a grasp on English oval racing but it's hard without seeing anything by youtube clips. There's banger racing which is just high speed derby. Then there the stockcars like this. Then their is autograss which is about the closest thing they have to our dirt racing. I'd really have to see it live or have someone more familiar with the scene to explain it all.
Hello everyone,

First of all, sorry for reviving this topic but I'm from The Netherlands and was googling 'Wout Hofmans' and came across this page. I saw you talking about our oval racing and made an account so you could ask me any questions you have regarding that. Also I'm visiting next year for the Indy500 so maybe this forum would come useful for me as well in the near future :).

By chance, this weekend was Brisca Stockcar F1 and F2 World Cup weekend at the nearby 'Raceway Venray' track. We have several race classes here (Raceway Venray Classes). I'll name a few on that web page:
- Stockcar F1 (V8 engine, contact class)
- Stockcar F2 (4-cylinder engines, contact class and smaller chassis than F1)
- V8 Oval Series (Late Models, no contact class)
- National Hotrod (4 cylinder, no contact class)
- National Ministox (12-16 years)

Bangers and Saloon Stockcar is something else and we don't usually see that at Venray.

Then there is dirt track racing, but I'm less familiar with that. Still ask away if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

If needed, feel free to make a new topic and tag me in some way or send me an email at [email protected].

Have a nice Sunday!

Back
Top Bottom