2023 World of Outlaws

Dirtvision showed the video of the crash from their cameras and yup, I'm glad they decided cut away from that live. There was a noticeable edit in the replay shown too which I thought was interesting. Maybe they'll post the full thing shortly.

edit: Zeb is back and talking to the pit reporter!

Another fantastic feature tonight with a lot of clean hard racing. Worth the wait for extra track prep. I frankly don't remember Charlotte being this good for many years.

Brent Marks wins over Justin Peck and Tyler Courtney. All three led laps. Sweet finishes two spots ahead of Gravel in fourth and basically seals the deal on a fifth straight title. Gravel is probably mathematically alive, but Sweet would have to DNF and finish at the back tomorrow.

I noticed watching the replays that the track wasn't a dust bowl this year compared to last.

Another fantastic feature tonight with a lot of clean hard racing. Worth the wait for extra track prep. I frankly don't remember Charlotte being this good for many years.

Brent Marks wins over Justin Peck and Tyler Courtney. All three led laps. Sweet finishes two spots ahead of Gravel in fourth and basically seals the deal on a fifth straight title. Gravel is probably mathematically alive, but Sweet would have to DNF and finish at the back tomorrow.
This is not an understatement re: Charlotte. I watched both the late model and sprint car features (skipped mods, sorry!) and they were outstanding. There's two clear lines and a LOT of middle to potentially use.

Personally I would have preferred to see the #49 get upset. But I have to say that exiting the World of Outlaws series as champion five times in a row and winning the final race rather than coasting to that title is a pretty boss move by Brad Sweet.

And one for the thumb way to go KKR

Interesting to hear on Dirtrackr that Spencer Bayston was selling his merch trailer and is potentially on his way out of the 5 car with CJB being among the defectors to High Limit. He's shown flashes over the last year or two but performance this year overall wasn't great and honestly he shouldn't be one spot ahead of Brock Zearfoss. Though also in fairness, the Roth 83 was a much superior performer to 7th or 8th place this year and was that low just because of the tire penalty.

Sweet will be driving the KKR #49 with High Limit. Justin Fiedler reported the Kahne himself will be running pick and choose, and not committing to either tour full-time.
Yep said that sponsors want him at certain races.

Back
Top Bottom