2023 World of Outlaws

If karma is real then Justin Peck did something monstrous to deserve what's happened to him in 2023. That was a monster hit.

Don’t think I’ve seen one like this before. Sideboard flies clean off, rear axle goes flying. Wicked.

For those without DIRTVision, which seems to be just about everyone, the A-Main is on deck. You can listen to the local radio broadcast for free here:

Or I am aware of a working stream that seems to be solid, and can DM it to anyone interested.

Larson wins his second Nationals. Was a furious back and forth race behind him. Gravel went 22nd to 2nd in an amazing run, but would have needed another caution to have a legit shot at him. When Larson starts on the pole, it's going to be tough to beat him.

its cool that the woo puts the races on youtube about a hour after the race is over. just the race

Everyone is saying that, and the clock indicates that he was faster than Larson in the last 7 laps, so its possible, BUT. The unknown factor is: was Kyle using everything he had. Silva uses my truck and trailer to take the car into the racetrack and to the car wash after the races. I seen both the left and right rears up close and in person. Had that right rear not just won the Knoxville Nationals, it wouldve been a fine candidate for someone else to run a race with. I wouldve loved to seen a yellow though!

20230811_012251.jpg

Everyone is saying that, and the clock indicates that he was faster than Larson in the last 7 laps, so its possible, BUT. The unknown factor is: was Kyle using everything he had. Silva uses my truck and trailer to take the car into the racetrack and to the car wash after the races. I seen both the left and right rears up close and in person. Had that right rear not just won the Knoxville Nationals, it wouldve been a fine candidate for someone else to run a race with. I wouldve loved to seen a yellow though!
Racing involves luck and circumstance - if Larson didn't get the cautions that showed up in the feature on Thursday, he probably isn't on pole Saturday and things are very different for him and the people he got past (Anthony Macri comes to mind). That's racing though.

Racing involves luck and circumstance - if Larson didn't get the cautions that showed up in the feature on Thursday, he probably isn't on pole Saturday and things are very different for him and the people he got past (Anthony Macri comes to mind). That's racing though.
Agreed. Maybe would've made a better Saturday A main if he started back 4 rows.

thats cool.why do they been in on your trailer?the rigs come in also right?

thats cool.why do they been in on your trailer?the rigs come in also right?
Rigs can come in, but are not allowed to remain inside the racetrack/pits for the Knoxville Nationals. They allowed the haulers in on Wednesday because of the threat of rain. Most race teams that are staged at or near the speedway, just bring their gear in on a mule and a pickup/trailer. Haulers not allowed so fans sitting down below row 22 or so can see the cars on the backstretch.

I said months ago, that the 1A, the 20 G and a few other "platinum" members should race this race and not save their last race for Lernerville. Gass ran a weekly show at Husets earlier this summer and passed almost 20 cars in the A main. Gonna be a stout field tomorrow at Husets for the High Limit.

Rigs can come in, but are not allowed to remain inside the racetrack/pits for the Knoxville Nationals. They allowed the haulers in on Wednesday because of the threat of rain. Most race teams that are staged at or near the speedway, just bring their gear in on a mule and a pickup/trailer. Haulers not allowed so fans sitting down below row 22 or so can see the cars on the backstretch.
I like that I hate haulers in the infield that block the view.

Brad's definitely been building up that points lead lately

I remember a few years ago, when the Outlaws made their NW swings, they were having trouble putting 20 cars on the track anywhere but Skagit. Tonight at Grays Harbor they have a field of 30. Good to see 410 racing healthier in the PNW.

My brother, dad and myself are trying to figure out if he's lifting or he's full sending. Pretty damn impressive regardless. My take is that David is modulating the throttle, but I don't know if he's using the brake pedal or not.

My brother, dad and myself are trying to figure out if he's lifting or he's full sending. Pretty damn impressive regardless. My take is that David is modulating the throttle, but I don't know if he's using the brake pedal or not.

Maybe tapping it but that's mostly throttle control.

Maybe tapping it but that's mostly throttle control.

I listened to this a few minutes ago on my PC with headphones and you can really hear him working the throttle when he's running low on the first lap. On each subsequent laps, he's ripping the high side so not as much throttle input. Probably enough to get the RR into the cushion and that's about it. IF he is tapping the brakes, it's definitely on the lap where he runs down low.

Back
Top Bottom