2024 Bommarito Automotive 500 @ Gateway

This is the 4th Indycar race I’ve watched this year after I watched the Indy 500 because of Larson. I can’t stand Will Power, and Penske as a whole just comes off as the Joe Gibbs racing of Indycar so I root against them. Newgarden is an insanely talented driver, but can’t get behind Penske.

This is the 4th Indycar race I’ve watched this year after I watched the Indy 500 because of Larson. I can’t stand Will Power, and Penske as a whole just comes off as the Joe Gibbs racing of Indycar so I root against them. Newgarden is an insanely talented driver, but can’t get behind Penske.
For my money the best series in America. Legit my favorite, I never post on here during races because I don’t want to miss the action. I’m a Ganassi fan since CART but Herta is my guy. Insanely talented.

Newgarden is an insanely talented driver, but can’t get behind Penske.
Gotta pull for him. ;)
20240817_211159.jpg

Fantastic moves by Linus there at the end. If Ganassi downsizes to three entries he's the young driver who deserves to keep his seat.
I think he’s probably out at CGR (thinking the third will be Simpson) but I hope he finds a seat somewhere in the series. Overall a tough rookie season, but two solid podium runs in there too.

I've been having problems with Penske running a team in the series he owns ever since the push to pass scandal earlier this season. Every questionable caution or penalty call immediately leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I’d love to see this become a true night race again someday, but that probably isn’t in the cards while FOX is carrying every race. But this was a much better-than-anticipated race and encouraging for Milwaukee in two weeks. Badly needed after how Iowa played out.

Power is about as entitled and sympathetic as Austin Dillon lately.

I’m not sure how much Will feels like he has left in the tank, but I’d be curious to know if any of this can be attributed to David being positioned to take the 12 car if he performs at Foyt. He’s only secure through next year iirc.

Back
Top Bottom