2024 Daytona 500 Countdown

1704124882131.jpeg
1704124994244.jpeg

We enjoyed Gulf Shores Alabama and Orange Beach nearby. That would be a good place to live and retire as most all of the Bama Coast

Didnt care for New Orleans and after seeing it I never want to return. They do have a huge WW II muesuem that is huge and great. We spent an entire day there at the muesuem.

Destin Florida was okay but it was only a day there for us during the off season. I liked Gulf Shores Alabama the best.

We enjoyed Gulf Shores Alabama and Orange Beach nearby. That would be a good place to live and retire as most all of the Bama Coast

Didnt care for New Orleans and after seeing it I never want to return. They do have a huge WW II muesuem that is huge and great. We spent an entire day there at the muesuem.

Destin Florida was okay but it was only a day there for us during the off season. I liked Gulf Shores Alabama the best.

????????????

45 Bill Cheesbourgh 1.jpg
45 Gene Morgan GPS pits c6c.jpg
45 Gene Morgan Laughlin Camaro 32.jpg
45 Gene Morgan st.jpg
45 race car.jpg
45 snowball derby images.jpeg-1.jpg
451sam.jpg

The powder blue camaro was driven by Gene Morgan. I considered it to be what I would call Mike Laughlin's house car. Jackie Laughlin built the engines. They were strong and even won the Snowball Derby (I think in 1982).

I can't prove it but I think the cars they ran was a generation ahead of what they were selling to everyone else at GPS that ran their cars at that time. They could show up after the heats with no practice start in the rear and win the main.

I believe they had a distinct advantage until the competition started running other stuff like a Hopkins, Dillion, or Port City chassis etc.

Laughlin built a lot of Winston Cup and Grand National cars too. He was great. I just think they made sure that house car was almost a zip code better than anyone else at GPS

Back
Top Bottom