2024 Detroit Grand Prix

I was glad they went back downtown. The old course was good. This one is not. Too narrow, which leads to drivers making bonsai attempts to make passes.
They need to reconfigure that hairpin somehow. That was quite the continual cluster.

They need to reconfigure that hairpin somehow. That was quite the continual cluster.
Think they just need to restart at the actual S/F line on the pit straight rather than on the long straight. Would thin the field out a bit more by default. The current one is just such a massive braking zone for when they’re restarting right away with cold tires.

Think it also has to be considered that these tires this year are harder and the middle third of the race, where everything popped off, had a damp track as well.

Ericsson absolutely gets to him if there’s one more lap to go. He closed the gap on the final lap by almost 2 seconds once he got past Armstrong.

I actually like the track quite a bit. It’s sort of ironic it’s the closest to our house but we never go. Indy is an expensive and exhausting weekend, to go to another race the following week is just overwhelming

He burned all his push to pass for it though. Dixon was in control, imo.

I’m sure everybody involved would love to be on NBC again the week after the 500, but this is perfectly fine for a race on cable.

Back
Top Bottom