2024 Grand Prix of St. Petersburg

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
1709921066732.png

Indy NXT race on Sunday at 10 AM as well; hugely rejuvenated field for that series is up to 21 cars.

Enjoying the NXT race thus far. Shockingly clean; honestly this is better than a lot of F2/F3 races I've seen over the last few years.

Yeah, gonna have to DVR this one. I dropped my phone this morning and get to buy a replacement. Enjoy!

Terrible race, and you can tell NBC is heading out the door. They just don’t care.

Roger Penske needs to sell the series to NASCAR or USAC.

Race wasn't great but it wasn't offensive to my intelligence either. Drivers generally did a good job on track avoiding each other and minimizing unnecessary contact. We didn't have a wreck fest this year. That's worth celebrating more than it's worth denigrating the series for putting something competent on track because "not exciting."

I found the Bon Jovi interview after he got out of the two seater to be a tad bit awkward ,I might have been the only one that found it like that but I did manage to laugh during it.

I didn’t initially intend on going but was gifted a ticket Saturday evening. Really big crowd on hand yesterday, and if they haven’t already I’m sure they’ll announce soon it was a record attendance. I think they had already said Friday and Saturday were putting the weekend at record pace.

They took ten laps off of this race just a few years ago, I’m assuming at NBC’s request for the length of the TV window. Big mistake imo as that now allows for a pretty straightforward two-stop strategy for everyone with fuel saving. If they added ten laps back it’s a three-stop with wider pit windows. Also, the tires just seemed too hard to wear much at all. Apparently these are designed for the heavier weight to be added on later by the hybrid. But with these cars being lighter until then they just didn’t wear enough.

Pretty good action on restarts and in the midpack at times, but just okay overall. Can’t ever complain about a day at the track though.

All the Chevy drivers seemed pretty happy with gains made over the offseason in drivability, which they struggled with on tight and torquey street courses last year, and fuel mileage. Newgarden had a rough go on the twisties last season and if this form holds over the season he’s going to be awfully hard to beat for the championship.

I found the Bon Jovi interview after he got out of the two seater to be a tad bit awkward ,I might have been the only one that found it like that but I did manage to laugh during it.
Did anyone catch when Diffey said during the interview Bon Jovi was his wife’s hall pass? That caught me way off guard during the rewatch, lol.

Did anyone catch when Diffey said during the interview Bon Jovi was his wife’s hall pass? That caught me way off guard during the rewatch, lol.
came off like they never interacted with a celebrity before lmao just all kinds of awkward.

Yes, both the wife and I heard what Diffey said but weren't sure we heard it right. I guess we did.

They mentioned something about a record crowd before the race started. I usually don't pay attention to these things as they're always saying that or using the term "ever" for various subjects. If it was a record crowd then that's good for Indycar! Hope it continues throughout the year.

Hard to explain but I'll give it a shot.

A "hall pass" would be when a husband or wife says it's ok for one of you to have "relations" with someone. Usually a big celebrity. Let's say my wife is ok with me and Jennifer Aniston to go at it so that's my "hall pass". You'd hope it's all in fun with married couples to fantasize as if this type of thing would ever happen. ;)

The best hall pass routine was on the series King of Queens. Doug and Carrie are comparing notes and Carrie says it's got to be Jimmy Smits. Finally Doug goes and says, it's the lady that does your nails down the street. Of course, it's supposed to be someone famous so that it's never going to happen. The side story is the Actress that plays the nail lady is in real life Kevin Jame's very hot wife.

Back
Top Bottom