2024 Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio

I guess I missed the HYBRID info on these cars, what is it all about?
Not a battery-based system since they didn’t have enough room. Got creative and designed a supercapacitor-based storage system.

Giant virtue signal. Currently the cars are slower, so where's the upside?
Pole time was a second quicker than last year. Repaved surface, more power, MGU-assisted braking against added weight and harder tires. We’ll see how it compares on tracks that haven’t changed since last season later on, but it doesn’t seem to be sluggish like people feared. And that’s with only using 60 of the 150hp the system will eventually reach in a couple of years.

Dear IndyCar and NBC, please stop throwing the green during what is described as the 'Pre-race' broadcast. Either don't bill the pre-race as such, or wait until the 'Race' broadcast to drop the rag.

Thanks.

Palou stops and is still 16 seconds ahead of Newgarden's 3-stop strategy
Gonna lap half the field if he wants to.

I think more guys who started in the back might regret not getting on the 3-stop strategy like Newgarden did though. The 2 was nowhere in qualifying and has made some good time in clean air.

The stall cost Malukas a lot of positions unfortunately.

NBC should be showing literally anyone other than Palou or Dixon (wtf?) right now. Lundqvist just passed Rasmussen for P6 and nothing at all from the broadcast.

Back
Top Bottom