2024 Hy-Vee Milwaukee Mile 250s

Do the lights on either side of the dash area in the ****pit have something to do with the new hybrid system?View attachment 80157
Yeah, McLaren implemented some LED lighting to help the driver see what their state of charge is. I think they said it was Rossi’s idea and the team designed it themselves. Not sure if anyone else has picked it up yet, but they had it from the first hybrid race at Mid-Ohio.

Sounds like they opened up two more sections of bleachers today, so walk-up demand must’ve been good after last evening’s race.
I’d like to see a NASCAR/INDYCAR doubleheader but I think that has passed.

Both series seem to want to be king right now. Especially now that IndyCar has top billing at Fox over NASCAR.

The set of tires they put on Power's car must have been more used than the rest, because he was really slow on the final run.

I'm sure he would have taken beating Palou by nine spots at the beginning of the day, but it's still a huge missed opportunity. Palou can manage a 33 point gap with ease.

Will Power’s team doing everything in their power to screw him today.

They shouldn’t have changed the wing out earlier.
Reminds me of Gordon’s crew at Texas in ‘14 when they could’ve stayed on the lead lap under caution if they had simply realized which side tires to change instead of bumbling around. Power screwed up for sure, but damage mitigation could’ve been better.

Pretty phenomenal weekend of racing that had a little bit of everything. The Mile is a place IndyCar needs to be at, imo, and hopefully this weekend is something to build off of commercially. Seems like people who went mostly enjoyed themselves with the midway in the State Fair grounds and all.

Pretty reasonable interview from Power. So much speed all season long, just too many mistakes committed by him and the other two Penske cars all season really. The door was busted wide open for him today and he just overcooked it mid-corner on that restart.

Back
Top Bottom