2024 Miami Grand Prix

McLaren pace on the mediums has been really good all weekend. They struggled so badly on softs in the Q sessions for whatever reason.

McLaren pace on the mediums has been really good all weekend. They struggled so badly on softs in the Q sessions for whatever reason.
Do they have to run softs at least once? or can they opt for the Gard tires instead?

Good move for Perez to pit early he wasn't doing any good prior to the stop.

Hamilton is on hard tires, I wonder if he can get a longer run than everyone else, maybe a one stopper

Hamilton is on hard tires, I wonder if he can get a longer run than everyone else, maybe a one stopper

Everyone is on a one stop strategy. That’s the usual with these F1 races.

Hopefully Mercedes doesn’t abandon another strategy mid race and pits like 3 times.

Hopefully Mercedes doesn’t abandon another strategy mid race and pits like 3 times.
I was just wondering if two stops would be the more conventional option as posted by @FLRacingFan (post 46) with a single stop be the

.... never mind safety car..

Wow…think that was by far Magnussen’s worst driving all weekend. Too narrow and twisty there to try to pass.

I was just wondering if two stops would be the more conventional option as posted by @FLRacingFan (post 46) with a single stop be the

.... never mind safety car..
Most of the drivers seemed to think Pirelli was too conservative with tire choices this weekend and that it would be a straightforward one-stopper with mediums + hards. Nice wrinkle here with the safety car though.

I thought Miami was an ocean city....

Wow…think that was by far Magnussen’s worst driving all weekend. Too narrow and twisty there to try to pass.

Just a Magnussen race weekend special.

Giving him no penalties for what he did in the Sprint was a mistake. Let a driver off the hook and he’ll continue his clown behavior.

Bianca looking good in the McLaren (or any other) colors

In any case I think starting on hards was a good call for Hamilton, to do something different when you are not starting in the top two or three positions.

This new McLaren looks awesome. Norris’s race pace is for real. Hopefully this translates to the rest of the calendar and we get this racing on a consistent basis.

I have no problem with the Sainz pass but F1s heavy hand may have something to say about the racing
Yep, all good IMO especially after Piastri ran him wide a few laps earlier with no further action.

Back
Top Bottom