2024 NASCAR Schedules

Some of the rumors involved Rockingham, but I don't have much faith in that place reopening at this point.

Their SMART Modified Tour date on the short track got moved to South Boston. The Grand National Series race that was supposed to happen there in November, I think it's been canceled too.

If Daytona wasn’t regular season finale, they should’ve swapped it with Nashville so it could be near July 4th.

If it had been me, this is how I would have done the early part of the schedule:
2/18 - Daytona 500
2/25 - Las Vegas
3/3 - Phoenix
3/10 - Texas
3/17 - Atlanta
3/24 - COTA
3/31 - Richmond
4/7 - Bristol
4/14 - Martinsville...

Atlanta right after the 500 is dumb because it's the same style of racing and it's still plenty cold in Atlanta late February (see previous seasons when AMS was second).
They must not remember ‘93

If you'd like to see the Chicago Street Race from an elevated view point, there are available rooms on race weekend at The Congress Plaza Hotel at Michigan Avenue and Wells Drive with a view of Grant Park.

If you feel the need to ask the price . . . . you can't afford it.

Why is Vegas Oct. 20 and M'ville Nov. 3? ATL on Feb. 20? Nashville on a late June afternoon? Did the schedulers consult the Farmer's Almanac?

If you'd like to see the Chicago Street Race from an elevated view point, there are available rooms on race weekend at The Congress Plaza Hotel at Michigan Avenue and Wells Drive with a view of Grant Park.

The other side of the coin is that 82% of the fans that bought tickets had never been to a Nascar race. Pretty cool, many didn't need to have a motorhome, or pay for hotels, meals etc, just come from home and there you are.

Atlanta reconfiguration into a superspeedway was a mistake. If they weren't going to reconfigure it back to the OG Atlanta oval, then they should've just repaved the track and just wait for the surface to get worked in.

its not that bad, the most was $340 a night? I paid almost $1000 to stay at a Farfield Inn in Moorseville for Wilkesboro and I think my trip to Bristol in 2019 to stay in Johnson City was about $1500 to stay at a Holiday Inn Express. Prices are not that bad to stay in Chicago in a holiday weekend with a race going on across from your hotel imo

Some of the rumors involved Rockingham, but I don't have much faith in that place reopening at this point.

Their SMART Modified Tour date on the short track got moved to South Boston. The Grand National Series race that was supposed to happen there in November, I think it's been canceled too.
so there WERE Rockingham rumors? For Cup? Thats wild, I cant envision them ever going back there.

so there WERE Rockingham rumors? For Cup? Thats wild, I cant envision them ever going back there.

There was a rumor that North Wilkesboro would get a points race and Rockingham would host the All-Star.

From what I heard a few years ago, Fox wants the All-Star Race to rotate between historic venues that Cup doesn't race at anymore.

Rockingham had a SMART Modified Tour race that got moved to South Boston and a Grand National race that got scrapped.

There was a rumor that North Wilkesboro would get a points race and Rockingham would host the All-Star.

From what I heard a few years ago, Fox wants the All-Star Race to rotate between historic venues that Cup doesn't race at anymore.

Rockingham had a SMART Modified Tour race that got moved to South Boston and a Grand National race that got scrapped.

Eh, every few years there's a Rockingham rumor. Every time it circulates, it doesn't come to fruition.

Eh, every few years there's a Rockingham rumor. Every time it circulates, it doesn't come to fruition.

This time, the rumors were different because of the state money they got, the repave process, the fact that legitimate races were scheduled, and so on. I know they're actually putting work in, just doesn't seem like they're doing so very expeditiously. Perhaps there are logistical or political barriers slowing progress down.

For what it's worth, when I heard the Rockingham 2024 rumors, I thought that timetable was extremely optimistic. Rockingham Speedway doesn't have the resources, even with the state money, to have an army basically build a whole new track in three months like North Wilkesboro did.

And, by the way, North Wilkesboro last August, for the CARS Tour race, wasn't in that bad condition. Hickory Motor Speedway, which hosts marquee short track races at least once a month, is in way worse shape.

I'll go ahead and say it... I love the Summer Olympics and most people who have been here a long time know that. I also like NBC Sports.

This Olympic Break is bull****.

Since NBCSN is gone, put coverage of the Olympic Games back on MSNBC. Or just put the races on MSNBC because nobody's watching MSNBC Reports at 2pm on a Sunday.

I'll go ahead and say it... I love the Summer Olympics and most people who have been here a long time know that. I also like NBC Sports.

Since NBCSN is gone, put coverage of the Olympic Games back on MSNBC. Or just put the races on MSNBC because nobody's watching MSNBC Reports at 2pm on a Sunday.

“MSNBC can now project that William Byron will win this race. With 2% of the race complete, we are ready to project a winner.”

I don't think they wanted to lease it to NASCAR or SMI so they got left behind

I wonder if those places will be available by Race day, could be a refugee facility.

“Welcome to Pocono Raceway I’m Rachel Maddow alongside Chris Hayes and Anthony Fauci and this is the Planned Parenthood 400 presented by Pfizer”

Can they switch jobs with the NBC announce team? I want Rick Allen and co. at the desk for election night coverage.

HUGE IMPLICATIONS FOR THE LEFT AS TEXAS TURNS RED

JOE BIDEN .... GREW UP IN SCRANTON, PENNSYLVANIA ... SOME SAY IT'S A ROUGH TOWN ... HOME OF THE OFFICE ... GREAT TV SHOW ... I WATCHED IT ON MY COMPUTER ... JOE BIDEN IS SEEING STARS AND STRIPES TONIGHT AS HE REACHES 270 ELECTORAL VOTES AND WINS A SECOND TERM IN THE WHITE HOUSE

For balance....

DONALD TRUMP ... HOSTED THE APPRENTICE ... FIRED A LOT OF PEOPLE ... HE HIMSELF WAS FIRED BY THE AMERICAN PEOPLE FOUR YEARS AGO ... INDICTED MANY TIMES ... IMPEACHED TWICE ... BUT TONIGHT HE HAS OVERCOME ADVERSITY AND WON HIS SECOND TERM IN THE WHITE HOUSE

Early Atlanta Spring race , but a good trade off for
hosting first round of the playoffs...c'mon Chase #9.

All joking aside, when the NBC/NBCSN deal was first announced, and NBCSN was still an unknown network, people at the track I was at that weekend were calling NBCSN "MSNBC" and then talking about how they were dreading Rachel Maddow being part of the race broadcasts.

NBC sends almost all of its technical people to the site of the Olympics. It's more about not having enough manpower than it is competition for TV viewers.

NBC sends almost all of its technical people to the site of the Olympics. It's more about not having enough manpower than it is competition for TV viewers.

NASCAR Productions exists. They're already going to be doing coverage of all the Xfinity races for The CW in 2025. They're handling production for FS1's coverage of the Craftsman Truck Series and ARCA now.

I’ve been around long enough to have lived through when it was fashionable in the mid 2000’s for fans to take a dump on this track by saying the racing was terrible. I always enjoyed the racing here, eager to see it in its new incarnation

I’ve been around long enough to have lived through when it was fashionable in the mid 2000’s for fans to take a dump on this track by saying the racing was terrible. I always enjoyed the racing here, eager to see it in its new incarnation

Dennis has taken too many hits to the wall. He’s one of the best plate racers in the sport and owns the car driven by another one of the best plate racers in the world. This would actually benefit him and his team.

But Dennis needs to have hot takes that pander to the anti-NASCAR crowd to get the clicks, I guess. His whole podcast is a sentient Reddit post.

Back
Top Bottom