2025 Hall of Fame announced

:punkrocke

1716328294323.jpeg

To me the HOF just seems to be getting watered down. This year both modern era guys, while having good careers, just didn't do much to better the sport IMO. Carl left with good numbers for a short career, but has been no where to be found since. Ricky had 23 wins, but I can't say I ever remember him running for a title, or winning a big race? Again Ricky has been no where to be found since exiting the car.

I think a lot of crew guys are being overlooked here.

To me the HOF just seems to be getting watered down. This year both modern era guys, while having good careers, just didn't do much to better the sport IMO. Carl left with good numbers for a short career, but has been no where to be found since. Ricky had 23 wins, but I can't say I ever remember him running for a title, or winning a big race? Again Ricky has been no where to be found since exiting the car
Should be two from the pioneer era going in, imo.

They’re clearly running out of modern era candidates.

Both drivers belong though.

And Carl Edwards left when he got completely dicked out of a championship in 2016. I don’t blame him.

Carl Edwards should not be in the HOF. Cheapens it for all that deserve to be in there.

I know there’s some Carl Edward’s fans here, and congrats to him making it. I don’t see it though, he had a very very nice, even GREAT career winning 2 of the 4 Crown Jewels but I have hard time believing he’s a HOF driver….this feels like a bit of a stretch. I really hope the HOF doesn’t get watered down in future years

Eh, this is about a step above of most popular driver to me. It's fine, but nothing to get that excited about. Better than a gold watch I suppose.

Sorry, I don't think Ricky Rudd is hall of fame material. His only "big" win was the Brickyard. Never won a title or came close to winning one. He was, and probably still is, one tough SOB. But that doesn't make somebody a hall of famer.

Sorry, I don't think Ricky Rudd is hall of fame material. His only "big" win was the Brickyard. Never won a title or came close to winning one. He was, and probably still is, one tough SOB. But that doesn't make somebody a hall of famer.
Says you.

He finished 2nd in 1991, I say he came close. Can’t get any closer than that other than winning…

I know there’s some Carl Edward’s fans here, and congrats to him making it. I don’t see it though, he had a very very nice, even GREAT career winning 2 of the 4 Crown Jewels but I have hard time believing he’s a HOF driver….this feels like a bit of a stretch. I really hope the HOF doesn’t get watered down in future years
In a world without a chase, he easily has multiple titles. In a world with a chase, but not a bogus yellow for fake debris he at least has one.

In a world without a chase, he easily has multiple titles. In a world with a chase, but not a bogus yellow for fake debris he at least has one.
You have to play by the current rules, doesn't matter what the old rules were. And people race differently under different rules so what you say isn't necessarily true.

I feel ya. We'd might have had one more 7 time champion as well that drove a 24. But I dont want to take away from your guy getting in, when I first joined here you were a pretty big Edwards fan so I'm sure you're over the moon. I wish Carl had raced longer to get that Cup or Daytona 500 victory though, but what a career he had he was great.

I feel ya. We'd might have had one more 7 time champion as well that drove a 24. But I dont want to take away from your guy getting in, when I first joined here you were a pretty big Edwards fan so I'm sure you're over the moon. I wish Carl had raced longer to get that Cup or Daytona 500 victory though, but what a career he had he was great.
Yep. He was the first person I thought of here when I saw the Carl news. I knew my buddy Mich would be happy

You have to play by the current rules, doesn't matter what the old rules were. And people race differently under different rules so what you say isn't necessarily true.
when folks say this, what do they mean race different? Are we insinuating guys didnt race hard under an old points format? I guess my question is, do people think points systems influence on track racing, I'm not sure I buy that.

Yep. He was the first person I thought of here when I saw the Carl news. I knew my buddy Mich would be happy
yah Mich had a Back flipping Edwards as his profile pic here for the longest time. In fact when he changed it I had to do a double take.

His Brickyard 400 win in its 4th Edition, is one of my favorite victories by a Cup driver. It was so great he won that race as an owner and driver. People think of Rudd and think of his bad ass Martinsville win with the VL interview or racing with his eyes taped open.... I think of this win
1716398809786.png

when folks say this, what do they mean race different? Are we insinuating guys didnt race hard under an old points format? I guess my question is, do people think points systems influence on track racing, I'm not sure I buy that.

When a win gets you in you go all out for a win. When it's a points battle you take 3rd place instead of possibly wrecking for the win. When you get 5 playoff points for a win you try harder for the wins, you don't care so much about points.

When a win gets you in you go all out for a win. When it's a points battle you take 3rd place instead of possibly wrecking for the win. When you get 5 playoff points for a win you try harder for the wins, you don't care so much about points.
That seems a pretty simple and obvious answer. I can’t say honestly because I’ve never raced a car competitively at the highest level let alone ever been inside one. I’m just going to be naive and assume these fellas would race all out despite points system in use

That seems a pretty simple and obvious answer. I can’t say honestly because I’ve never raced a car competitively at the highest level let alone ever been inside one. I’m just going to be naive and assume these fellas would race all out despite points system in use
I guess you weren't around when the saying "it was a good points day" was commonplace

Ricky Rudd is absolutely deserving. He's an iconic figure in the sport and did many great things on the track.

Jeff Burton was awesome; he'll get in next year. Cousin Carl is one of the best to never win a ring.

That is after they raced their asses off all day instead of saving the car until the last 50 laps or so.
Maybe. I always believe these fellas are giving their all inside the car regardless of points system being used. I also think saving the car/equipment until 50 to go vs racing hard all day is two different ways to race

Back
Top Bottom