2025 schedule news/rumors

^If NASCAR is going to run a race on Easter, Richmond isn't the worst place to do it. I'd rather see them make it Cup's first off-week and push the finale back to mid-November.

Going to ball game is not as taxing as going to a race. A fan can show up at a game less than an hour before start time. That cannot be done at a NASCAR race. That's the problem with the attendance. TV ratings will not suffer since people can stay at home without interrupting their Easter day with family or friends.
Then my simple suggestion is dont go on Easter and find another race to go. There are like 37 other options to go to.

Going to ball game is not as taxing as going to a race. A fan can show up at a game less than an hour before start time. That cannot be done at a NASCAR race. That's the problem with the attendance. TV ratings will not suffer since people can stay at home without interrupting their Easter day with family or friends.
You absolutely can show up an hour before a race.

The conundrum with the Easter race is that it pretty much has to be a night race in the Bible Belt so the crews and drivers can enjoy the holiday with their families before a quick commute to the track, and that does make for a tougher attendance draw. But holidays are especially valuable in the age of out-of-home TV ratings so I’m not sure it’s something I see FOX wanting to give up at any point in the immediate future.

artworks-SvzDuFfyt3AJ9fO1-iQrV9Q-t500x500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom