24 Hours of Daytona

Zerkfitting

Team Owner
The race is a few weeks away and I was looking to see who is entered and what the TV schedule is. I went to the web site for United Sportscar racing and had a hard time getting the info I want. I also noticed the name IMSA is also associated with the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship. It looks like IMSA is back and the series has the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship name - I think that is the relationship.

http://www.imsa.com/

The race will be on Fox 1 and Fox 2. I followed the IMSA link to Fox and clicking the 24 hours of Daytona icon I got NASCAR news. I surfed and searched Fox motorsports and found nothing about the upcoming race. I don't have Fox 2 and I won't add an optional tier of channels for it (and I won't ask my provider to add it to the standard tier). It looks like I'll be missing the race and the series until they can get a better TV deal. I've been a fan of sports car racing for a long time and if a fan can't access the racing I doubt they can grow the series.

When Fox killed Speed they hurt motorsports.

The race is a few weeks away and I was looking to see who is entered and what the TV schedule is. I went to the web site for United Sportscar racing and had a hard time getting the info I want. I also noticed the name IMSA is also associated with the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship. It looks like IMSA is back and the series has the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship name - I think that is the relationship.

http://www.imsa.com/

The race will be on Fox 1 and Fox 2. I followed the IMSA link to Fox and clicking the 24 hours of Daytona icon I got NASCAR news. I surfed and searched Fox motorsports and found nothing about the upcoming race. I don't have Fox 2 and I won't add an optional tier of channels for it (and I won't ask my provider to add it to the standard tier). It looks like I'll be missing the race and the series until they can get a better TV deal. I've been a fan of sports car racing for a long time and if a fan can't access the racing I doubt they can grow the series.

When Fox killed Speed they hurt motorsports.

I hear ya. same here, I can't stand dealing with the dish weasels and their bait and switch crap, but I am tempted now that speed has gone to crap and Mav TV has snatched up most of the good stuff. My Classic car, Dave Despain, chop cut and rebuild, that Stacy David show, can't remember the name was pretty good, they all went to MAV. Hopefully there will be a stream of Fox 2 on the internet. I was able last year to catch most of the racing that was on 2 that way and watch it on my HD desktop puter. Speed didn't carry the whole 24 hour race, and in the wee hours of the morning there was coverage by way of the internet. Good thing there are foreign networks that stream it also. The British usually have a stream and you can understand most of what they are saying unless they get excited. Larson will probably be driving in the early A.M. and switch over to the main driver around daylight, that is what most of the teams do, run the slower or less experienced drivers in the early A.M.

I have comcast too, and here in Sacramento they don't offer Fox sports 2 or MavTV. Just a few miles north, in Placer county, they have a completely different channel lineup. I wish they weren't the only cable company in town. This is the website I use to watch Formula 1 when they do the tape delay crap. Firstrowus1.eu

TV schedule came out today. Some good and some not-so-good news - the first two hours of the race will be on network TV on FOX. The next five hours are on FS2.

Saturday, Jan. 25 2-4 p.m. ET on FOX
4-9 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 2

Overnight (Jan. 25-26) 9 p.m. – 7 a.m. ET on IMSA.com (includes live images, in-car cameras and announcers)

Sunday, Jan. 26 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. on FOX Sports 1

01102014_Facebook_Generic_400x275_wWhitefaded.jpg

http://www.imsa.com/articles/tune-rolex-24-daytona

what fox doesn't screw up they take a crap on. Glad you can get around those idiots with streaming video.

Weeee haw starting at 6 pm Friday the 24th, fox 2 delayed broadcast with the continental tire challenge cars, Mustangs, Camaros, and Bimmers oh my!

1858275622827074613.jpg

199l5soyabxzkjpg.jpg

199l5soy3e57ijpg.jpg

And this Saturday, Nascar's IMSA /Tudor series begins, Daytona Prototypes have been souped up, more downforce, better brakes, transmissions, and a new more powerful engine. But wait! after testing the prototypes were too fast to compete with the P2 class, so they have to spend money to go slower. But wait the P2's didn't come out unscathed, they had too much fuel capacity, a full two laps more then the DP's, so they had to change that. At any rate, all this merging of the two series into one is confusing but the GT class with my underdog Mopar SRT Viper is probably going to be the tightest competition class, be great if the Prototypes and the P2's go head to head first race out of the box.

This article is a really good one, if you want a quick summation...can't wait for the race.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140122/UNITEDSPORTSCAR/140129932

1390044489.jpg

Good looking field of race cars. can't wait until this weekend to see some racing. Friday at 6 est, FS2 they have the wild show, Continental tire race. Lots of inexperienced drivers doing crazy things.

01072013_No2Mustang_600w.jpg
01072013_No35Subaru_600w.jpg

I'm loving the way they are lighting up the cars this year, having their position in the race lit up on the rear section of the car is a great idea.

I saw it at Road America years ago and it was painted all red. Back then it was just a pie-in-the-sky concept. Which I guess it still kind of is.

Robin Miller said that when IndyCar was looking for a new chassis, Chip Ganassi got involved with DeltaWing and tried to push it as IndyCar's next chassis. When Randy Bernard picked the Dallara DW12 over the DeltaWing, it started Ganassi's fatwa against Randy.

1/2 hour road to the Rolex 24 of Fox1 views Thursday @ 6 central. It will be interesting to see if they come up with anything original.

is it just me.....or have they put a whole lot more emphasis on how cars " look " this yr ?
lotta good lookin cars !

Nice to see the 99 get the pole. It looks like Ganassi changed engines again, they didn't miss a beat when they went from Lexus to BMW, I wonder how they will do this time.

Some interesting qualifying results. The DeltaWing will start 8th and beat out one of the Ganassi teams, and the other Ganassi team is starting only 6th. Corvette DPs took four of the top five spots.

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/race_result_files/TUDOR Daytona Qualifying.pdf
word is Ford has dropped a ton of money into the eco boost, and Chevy because of winning the title last year has ramped up their program, so Ganassi's Fords might have some competition this year.

gotta go w/ 3 taylors -n- max team this yr. ........may be ole wayne's last hoorah !

The feature that displays the car's position in the side window it a pretty good idea, fans can easily see what's going on with each class.

Ugh, Time Warner Cable doesn't have FS2 in HD so I have to watch it in awful SD. It's like the dark ages around here!

3/16 is the NASCAR/Indycar driver count this year. There used to be more NASCAR representation but I'm guessing teams or sponsors won't let them run. One of the things I like about this race is the diversity of drivers.

Ugh, Time Warner Cable doesn't have FS2 in HD so I have to watch it in awful SD. It's like the dark ages around here!
LOL First World Problems :)
We don't see FS2 at all on Comcast down here in Ill-annoyistan. Have to settle for the start and finish.
The stuff online has been great; it's encouraging to see someplace where they don't report minus-double digit wind chills as the high for the day.

Back
Top Bottom