24 Hours of Le Mans

A

ajk112802

Just an FYI...the 24 Hours of Le Mans is running now. If you're up late tonight you can watch the coverage on SPEED from midnight to 10am EDT :)

I've been watching it off an on since it started this morning.

I don't get as excited about Le Mans as I do about the Rolex 24 at Daytona. Although the I like the history of Circuit de la Sarthe, the speeds are faster at Daytona. Plus I think Le Mans, and ALMS for that matter, are flawed in that there's too many car classes. Sometimes certain classes only have a couple cars in them too.

I like the Rolex series for better balance. Since the bio-diseal cars came to endurance racing, they've had a huge advantage. Even the addtional weight put on the cars in the 24 Hours of Le Mans this year doesn't make much difference.

darnit....

I knew i shoulda checked the calendar...RFTW's sports car reporter isnt watching the 3rd biggest race of the year...shame on me...

It was actually a halfway decent race because all the Audi cars had problems. In fact, I think only two were actually running at the finish.

Peugeot ending taking first and second overall. The French crowd loved that.

Still pales in comparision to this years 24 Hours at Daytona. Best 24 Hour race evah.

:beerbang::beerbang::beerbang:

Back
Top Bottom