3&3/Trivia Rules

P

PettyBenson

Sorry this is so long but i had to make sure I got everything in there, I still proably left some stuff out.

Message Board 3&3/Trivia

Its that time of year again. Time to put 2002 behind us and time to look forward to the racing season. During the off season you might know that I held the Trivia contest putting 5 message boards up against one another. Everyone seemed to enjoy that game so I want to do another game that could involve the message boards again. What you might not know during the 2002 season I hosted a game called the 3&3 at the Fans of Petty Enterprise message board. About 12 people played that game and they all seemed to enjoy playing it. So I decided to combine the two games I have done over the last year and will be starting a new game for the 2003 season called “3&3/trivia”. This game will put 6 message boards up against each other. The message boards are:
www.johnnybenson.com
www.kylepetty.net
www.jerry-nadeau.com
www.racing-fourms.com
www.motorsportslounge.com (formally StixFx.com)
http://members4.boardhost.com/Petty43/inde...html?1017459729 Fans of Petty Enterprise

This is how the game will work. I will post a thread on the message boards that starts the entries to be accepted. In the entries you will pick whom you think will be the top 3 qualifiers and the top 3 race finishers for that coming weeks race. Plus there will be a trivia question you can answer to gain bonus points. Each week you will be competing to gain points for your message board, plus there will be a weekly individual winner. To help me out some only the first 5 people from each board will be allowed to play. SO get your picks in ASAP to insure that you are one of the people to get scored. You will post on the board and not e-mail like I first thought I was going to do.

Example for Daytona 500
My first post will look like this, it will be longer and more detail.
“Here is the first 3&3, so go ahead and make your top 3 picks for quals and race.
Trivia question: Who won the 2002 Daytona 500?”
That’s kind of how the thread will look

Then I would respond for my picks like this
“Quals-
10- Johnny Benson
45- Kyle Petty
01- Jerry Nadeau
Race-
Johnny Benson
Kyle Petty
Jerry Nadeau
Trivia- Ward Burton”

After each week I will post the scores of each board and the total amount scored over the time period of the game. The person who gets the most correct picks and the trivia question right will be that week’s individual winner. Each weekly winner will be qualified for the finals at the end of the season to see who becomes the individual champion.

This game will be divided in 4 sessions. The first 3 sessions will be 10 races long. After each 10 week period I will add up to see which message board is the winner of that 10 weeks, and the other 6 places. The higher you place the more points gained for the finals at the end of the season. After each session the scores will be set back to zero. The 4th session (the last 6 races) will be the finals and will determine the over all winners, the best Message board and the best over all player.

Here is how the points will be figured. You get the points where your driver that you picked is after the quals or the race.
1. 50
2. 46
3. 44
4. 40
5. 39
6. 38
7. 37
8. 36
9. 35
10. 34
11. 33
12. 32
13. 31
14. 30
15. 29
16. 28
17. 27
18. 26
19. 25
20. 24
21. 23
22. 22
23. 21
24. 20
25. 19
26. 18
27. 17
28. 16
29. 15
30. 14
31. 13
32. 12
33. 11
34. 10
35. 9
36. 8
37. 7
38. 6
39. 5
40. 4
41. 3
42. 2
43. 1
DNQ. -10
For the trivia part you will get 10 points added to your score.
You will post your picks on that message board that you are playing for. I will be playing this game for
The Fans of PE site since that site is small. Since it would not be fair for the smaller boards I am limiting the amount of picks each week. The first 5 people from each board to post their picks will be the only ones who get scored for that board. You can still post your picks if you want to just to see how you do but it won’t get scored. There is going to be a deadline of midnight the day before qualifying, normally Thursday night at midnight. I advise if you want to get your picks scored then post then as soon as you can.

If you have any questions please contact me!! Hope you play and the best of luck to all boards!!
Jason

So look out for the game before the ARCA race. The ARCA race will be just a tryout for the game. No points will be used for the season, but I will figure the points just for fun.

Just play the trail week and if you don't like it then don't play any more... Its simple to do and takes just a few minutes if you go searching for the trivia answer. I am not exactly how I am going to do the trivia, I might do a question liek I am doign now or have the question refer back to the weeks prior race. I will praobly have it lik eit is now.

Back
Top Bottom