49ers vs. Buccanneers

H

Happy29

49ers lead so far 21 - 7 after a Jeff Garcia to Terrell Owens Touchdown in the second quarter. Alright !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't pay too much attention to it, but go TO...I have him in my fantasy football league. (even though he is an ass clown) :D

How 'bout them Carolina Panthers?

Personally, I'm waiting for the Minnesota Vikings to die! They are bigger chokers than the Cubs & Red Sox combined! :D

Happy, what do you think of Dennis Erickson? I thought he was a poor choice for head coach and the way the 49ers have played so far this year hasn't changed my perception.

For Dennis Erickson. I like the concept of spreading the field, but Garcia is NOT Marino. Balance and West Coast with an occasional long pass is the only thing that will work with the Niners current personell. When Mooch was in, everyone was used to the short pass or passing frequently medium-short distance passes, as the team gets used to Erickson's coaching ability and style, theyll improve. Mariucci emphasized a running offense with a run-and shoot attack and Garcia is really attuned to that because he hardly stays in the pocket and tends to pass outside of it. I think everyone is or was calling for Erickson's head because everyone expects immediate results, everyone knows the 49ers are a much better team and should be undefeated right now or close to it.

Those losses shouldnt have been there, I think everyone's getting used to Erickson's offense and defense coaching style that and half of the main 49er offensive line was injured during those weeks.

However, as we saw in the Bucs - 49ers game, the 49ers were near perfect in winning 24 - 7. San Francisco had plenty of flashy moments: Terrell Owens turned a short pass into a 75-yard scoring romp, and Jeff Garcia passed for 253 yards, also throwing a TD pass to Tai Streets.

And don't forget the defense, which held the Bucs to 326 total yards and one touchdown on a broken play. Almost everything about the afternoon was a pleasant surprise for the Niners, whose team morale and belief were flagging after a terrible start.

I think everything should go uphill for the 49ers at least for now, I say they go 5 - 1 in the next 6 games.

Back
Top Bottom