6 hours at Watkins Glenn

Racer1930

Team Owner
Has been a pretty entertaining race so far (FoxSports1 - old Speed channel)....they sure don't have to hit each other very hard for stuff to come off those cars. About 2 hours in now and they are on full course caution to clean up the track after a dustup between one of the GTs and a Prototype.

I like the coverage - moderate commercial breaks and I guess due to the length of the race the announcers seem relatively calm and have time to put out some decent information. Camera work is really good...they have the whole track covered.

Far and away the best race broadcast by FS1 this year. They must've gotten reamed in the fan survey IMSA sent out last week.

NASCAR should run The Boot.

They said it's really hot there today - then they showed the fans sitting in those aluminum grandstands - those folks must be "baking". (maybe just hot on the track though - wish I was there)

Much as I love Nascar - this is really fun. 4 classes running at once - lots of action. 6 hours is a good time - semi-endurance.

spoke too soon, the trike is broke.
They said it's really hot there today - then they showed the fans sitting in those aluminum grandstands - those folks must be "baking". (maybe just hot on the track though - wish I was there)
I would find some shade, there might be a breeze too.

Much as I love Nascar - this is really fun. 4 classes running at once - lots of action. 6 hours is a good time - semi-endurance.
there is the second indycar race from Houston in about an hour. The indy race yesterday I thought was the best race to watch of the weekend so far, it was wild. So I am going to be flipping channels. Both of these races today end within a half hour of each other.

I think every car brand in the GT class look bad ass.

Yeah, if I ever win the lottery I'm buying a Porsche Carrera ...we have two guys at work who bought almost the exact same Porsche - gray-ish silver and they always park side by side...loots like a racing team.

P.S. - Nascar should trade out the Kentucky race for another road course.

I love the Vipers bringing back the livery they ran in the overall Daytona 24 victory years back.

The sports cars are getting a little foxy now that they have about a half hour to go :cheers:

good race.
hate how fs1 / nbcsn cannabalize each others race w/ same race times.

Jesus Christ. This series needs an LMP2 to win in the worst way.
I think they need to disappear, all I can see is controversy trying to make two completely different cars equal. If there were only those two classes running yeah, that might be cool. That rivalry gets lost in the shuffle with all the other classes running. As it is IMO, I have a hard time keeping up with who is what. I would like to see just the Daytona prototypes and one other class, the fastest GT class racing GT LeMans. They have factory Chevrolet on board, SRT Dodges, the BMW's and now factory Porsche is in the fray making a car specifically for the GT LeMans class. Focus on those guys, they are the core of the series. Prototypes are pretty healthy too they have 11 cars running all the races so far.

Last edited:
I think they need to disappear, all I can see is controversy trying to make two completely different cars equal. If there were only those two classes running yeah, that might be cool. That rivalry gets lost in the shuffle with all the other classes running. As it is IMO, I have a hard time keeping up with who is what. I would like to see just the Daytona prototypes and one other class, the fastest GT class racing GT LeMans. They have factory Chevrolet on board, SRT Dodges, the BMW's and now factory Porsche is in the fray making a car specifically for the GT LeMans class. Focus on those guys, they are the core of the series. Prototypes are pretty healthy too they have 11 cars running all the races so far.
The LMP2 teams will be more competitive once they start running the Ligier JS P2 and HPD ARX-04b coupes this fall and next year. The series can't be taken seriously if only GTLM has a connection to Le Mans. IMSA needs them.

The LMP2 teams will be more competitive once they start running the Ligier JS P2 and HPD ARX-04b coupes this fall and next year. The series can't be taken seriously if only GTLM has a connection to Le Mans. IMSA needs them.

good points from both.
as alzheimer casual fan.....hope they stick w/ just 1 format for a while ! ha!

Well I am confused, all I can find is that the ligier coupe will be ready to go in 2016, but LMP2 also races in the European FIE series along with LMP1's. :sad:

Well I am confused, all I can find is that the ligier coupe will be ready to go in 2016, but LMP2 also races in the European FIE series along with LMP1's. :sad:
OAK plan on debuting it at COTA in September, running it for the final two races of the year (finale at Petit Le Mans is after COTA). They ran it at Le Mans a couple of weeks ago and dominated with it before running into an issue and finishing two laps behind the class winner. Another team ran the same car and finished 2nd in class though. It mentions 8Star Motorsports is also interested in running one. If they can get one in time they plan on running it for the final three races of the year.

Extreme Speed Motorsports already bought a couple of the ARX-04b coupes from Honda.

Back
Top Bottom