#8 #15 where the #1

T

toddgee24

has anyone else noticed that steve park dont run with jr and waltrip at plate races, and why is that?

I dont want this to sound mean but maybe talent or just bad luck

My theory:

His job is to wait in the pack, and cause a caution when the #15 and #8 need one. :)

Originally posted by paul@Feb 18 2003, 03:26 PM
My theory:

His job is to wait in the pack, and cause a caution when the #15 and #8 need one. :)
hahahahahahaha thats mean but funny :cheers:

:rolleyes: Not even going there today, I haven't had my chocolate today!

:lurking: :owned: :dpepsi: thats the closest to food i could give you

Popcorn and pepsi ok---but nothing beats chocolate. I'm off to the Kitchen to bake some smore brownies--be back in a minute. :p

Maybe Julie will make me some cookies tonight...now I'm jonesin for a fix. :D

I dont want this to sound mean but maybe talent or just bad luck

i no way do i mean these guys arent talented, but by the sounds of how the drivers talk, there just riding, not really racing, you gotta let your car get runs for you to get to the front, if his car was anything like mikey's or jr, you would think he could get to the front like they would, who knows tho maybe he isnt getting the bigger plate like jr and waltrip are being suspected of getting. (read at jayski)

The #1 team has never really been able to run with the lead pack at restrictor plates. I think there are several factors to consider.

First of all, the #1 team is the least funded of the three DEI cars. Jr's team gets about 50 million, MW about 25 million, and Park's team about 12 million. Even though they are all a part of the same team, I don't think each team has the equal amount of resources to work with.

Second of all, I think the driver is a part of the blame. I'm not quite sure Park is 100% right now, but he has never really ran well at the superspeedways anyway.

I think the team chemistry isn't there right now. Jr's team is as close as family (some of them are family), MW's team has really turned around with Slugger, but Park's team has recently lost their crew chief. The team is looking for direction right now, and I'm not sure Park is going to be able to help them.

We'll have to see, but unless there are some major improvements, I don't see Park being in that car for next year. The team needs a change right now, and so far it has changed crew chiefs. Next up is a driver change. Even though I like Park, I have a feeling it would be better for him and the team if he moved on.

Where's Park? 31st or so usually. Why would a plate race be any different? Unless....

Maybe the 1 car is like the 5 car. He gets left overs from the 8 & 15. Like the 5 gets from the 24 & 48. :D :bounce:

Back
Top Bottom