A big step forward for NASCAR in Germany

donthaveanickname

Team Owner
http://www.motorvision.tv/de/tv-news/motorvision-tv-zurueck-im-free-tv-bei-sport1/
NASCAR is back in Free-TV!
Starting with the Pocono 400 in 2 weeks, TV channel Sport1 will start broadcasting NASCAR races live on Sunday evenings
They settled a deal with Pay-TV channel Motorvision TV, which will continue to broadcast the races, to have more racing in the program after they lost the rights for broadcasting the 2. Bundesliga and the Europa League. (I guess they did because the rights for broadcasting NASCAR shouldn't be very expensive here.)
7 other races will be broadcasted live on Sport1: both New Hampshire races, The Glen, Michigan 2, Chicagoland, Dover 2, Texas 2 and NOT Homestead.

This is definately gonna help NASCAR to increase its popularity in Central Europe, I will keep you updated about the number of viewers.

so the hofff wont need a spotter,
he got dat dar loudy mout kit

The Germans have a word for everything.

Wonder what they call slow cars laps down taking up space and creating a hazard for the legit cars.

• Haha
Reactions: Pat
Three words, actually: Burger Meister Racing

SCICTT1.jpg

I appreciate our only active member from Germany posting this info. It would be interesting to hear how German racing fans react to Nascar compared to something like DTM, which is modeled after Nascar in some important ways, although quite different in other ways. From this side of the world, it feels like DTM is slumping badly and struggling to remain relevant. But I could be wrong about that.

Some of ya'll have enough trouble trying to make sense in English so there's not much difference in those posts and your normal ones.

Sehr gut.
saubere luft
Pferdestärken
Ich bin begeistert!
Your German is already better than Günter Oettinger's English.
btw. We don't say Pferdestärken, we mostly only say PS.

The Germans have a word for everything.

Wonder what they call slow cars laps down taking up space and creating a hazard for the legit cars.
^ Nachzügler
correct. We also use Hinterbänkler or rollende Schikane.
I appreciate our only active member from Germany posting this info. It would be interesting to hear how German racing fans react to Nascar compared to something like DTM, which is modeled after Nascar in some important ways, although quite different in other ways. From this side of the world, it feels like DTM is slumping badly and struggling to remain relevant. But I could be wrong about that.
The DTM definately has some problems, they made an awful lot of bad decisions in the past years.
This year, Gerhard Berger has replaced Hans-Werner Aufrecht as CEO and the racing became a litte bit better. They got rid of team radio and pre-warmed tires, pit stops are more difficult, double-file restarts have been introduced and team order has been forbidden (I can tell you later in the year how ,,unoffial teamorder'' works.)
The number of spectators has decreased at most tracks over the past years. I have not really followed the number of TV viewers, but it has been a bit less than 1 Million the last few times, I think. All races are broadcasted live on ARD, Gemany's main TV channel.
I have no clue why the run at Moscow and the Hungaroring, where nobody is interested in it.

Ich bin begeistert!
Your German is already better than Günter Oettinger's English.
btw. We don't say Pferdestärken, we mostly only say PS.

correct. We also use Hinterbänkler or rollende Schikane.

The DTM definately has some problems, they made an awful lot of bad decisions in the past years.
This year, Gerhard Berger has replaced Hans-Werner Aufrecht as CEO and the racing became a litte bit better. They got rid of team radio and pre-warmed tires, pit stops are more difficult, double-file restarts have been introduced and team order has been forbidden (I can tell you later in the year how ,,unoffial teamorder'' works.)
The number of spectators has decreased at most tracks over the past years. I have not really followed the number of TV viewers, but it has been a bit less than 1 Million the last few times, I think. All races are broadcasted live on ARD, Gemany's main TV channel.
I have no clue why the run at Moscow and the Hungaroring, where nobody is interested in it.

I was close!

I took two years of Deutsch in HS. Was forced to take it and didn't have a lot of motivation to learn it. One phrase sticks with me though, "Mutter stopft strumpfe" which I think meant "Mom irons socks." Nobody irons socks, so I figured the whole thing was a gimmick.

I took two years of Deutsch in HS. Was forced to take it and didn't have a lot of motivation to learn it. One phrase sticks with me though, "Mutter stopft strumpfe" which I think meant "Mom irons socks." Nobody irons socks, so I figured the whole thing was a gimmick.
It means ,,Mom repairs socks.''

Reactions: Bob
Don't know about the ratings yet, but I think yesterday's broadcast was very good. Pete Fink and the other commentator whose name I've forgotten did a great job. OK, they talked about Marty McDowell a few times but otherwise they explained the rules for new fans very well.
There weren't more commercials than on the FS1 broadcast which is very surprising because Sport1 usually does an awful lot of commercials.

I thought for a minute that Borgward had finally decided to enter the Cup series manufacturer's wars.

I'm very disappointed.

I have muy poquito espanol but the one phrase that always stuck with me is:

‘My duck has a yellow hat‘

Still haven’t had occasion to use it.

Back
Top Bottom