A few boredom based race predictions!

97forever

Team Owner
I just got back online after a few months medical recuperation and it seems like the ol'forum board is a little 'sluggish' during the off-season.So,though I am sure it has been done to death,here are a few of my possibly medication induced predictions for the upcoming season!

1.Tony will repeat as champion.A pretty safe bet here.I am not a huge fan of his I admit.I just don't see many out there that can challenge him at this point.BUT....

2.The new style Chevy[which will eventually BE a Ford Taurus]will stumble after Daytona,when the real season begins.Stewart will have to post another strong late season run to keep the crown.

3.Jeff Gordon and Jr.are in trouble now.Chevrolet is easily the most popular name plate in stock car racing.Stewart is the new top dog of this make...and there is only room for 1 at the top.

4.The Daytona race-really just an advertisement-will be won by D.E.I Again an easy call.History will begin to show that the Daytona race is really not indicative of how the season will go,however.

5.Jamie McMurray will be out of a ride by the end of the season.A blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then,and Jamie found his one and only last year.

6.Greg Biffle will shatter the R.O.T.Y record with 5 or more wins.And he will rub Harvick's face in it every chance he gets.He isn't the kind of guy that forgets.

7.Elliott Sadler will win again!And Rudd and Wallace won't.

8.Kurt Busch and Ryan Newman will have amazing seasons.

9.This forum board and all others will have a huge influx of new members with handles like 'JimmieJ-always' and 'Jamie-is-sexy'....forget 'em and jump on the 'Sweet#16' bandwagon while there is still time kids!Trust me!

10.Jeff Gordon and ,sadly,Mark Martin will both have sub-par seasons.Gordon is like The university of Alabama without Bear Bryant now.Occasionally great,but not often enough to regain title contention.And Mark has just lost the fire,IMO.I am a huge fan of his but I just don't see the drive anymore.

11.Jr. will attempt to dive 'clean'...and therefore prove the old saying here in Bobby Allison Central: "If a #@$% Earnhardt can't drive dirty,he can't drive at all"!

12.Some how Dodge will win the Manufacturer's championship.Or maybe that is the medication talking!

13.Pontiac will anounce it is withdrawing from W.C by mid-season.

14.Bill Elliott will announce his retirement.And Rick Wison[!] will be named as the driver of the #9 Dodge for 2004.And Mayfield is gone.Try Bobby Hillin,Ray.

15,And finally:Hardscrabble will 'Return'and save us from this kind of stupid post!

Ok...a classic example of off-season boredom from me.What does everyone else think??A few of these predictions were more more serious than others.A few were silly,I guess...but Rick Wilson was pretty good.Well,compared to Mikey anyway.:p :p

Got to agree with the sluggishness of the forum these days.......but, it is the off season.:) So on to your thread topic:

I think you did a pretty darned good job with most of your stuff.......only a couple of "medicine induced" predictions.:) Point number 8.......I don't think Kurt and Ryan will have amazing seasons. I see the typical sophomore slump for Ryan (as well as for JJ). Kurt will get his wings clipped and have to eat a little humble pie......he's good (and will probably become great one day) but he's been reading his own press clippings lately and someone (probably some old decrepit never was) will take him down a notch or two.:D

Point number 11.........Jr won't try a new style of "clean" racing. That just isn't possible.........he's an Earnhardt you know!:)

And on your point number 10........I agree wholeheartedly about Mark losing the fire (he really wasn't trying to get a Championship last season). That's a shame but he's been around a long time and "burn out" happens to the best of them.:( But, Jeffy.........I think you might be selling the guy short (or maybe wishful thinking?).:)

Now, a question. I noticed you were not on for a while but I didn't know you were recuperating from anything medical. Anything serious? Hope all is well with you.:D

Some nice predictions 97, but like DEW, I don't agree with all of them. Duh! I agree that Elliott will probably announce his retirement, unless he wins again and that will put off the announcement another year. As one of his biggest fans, I'd really like to see him finally on the sidelines. It's pure hell not knowing what kind of race he will do each and every week. I'm amazed at the number of people who see Junior as a dirty driver, or at least over aggressive. The boy is nothing like his dad (of course many people agree with that) but I'm talking overall in style. He may be caught up in his lifestyle, but that's one humble young man.
quote from DEW:
Point number 8.......I don't think Kurt and Ryan will have amazing seasons. I see the typical sophomore slump for Ryan (as well as for JJ). Kurt will get his wings clipped and have to eat a little humble pie......he's good (and will probably become great one day) but he's been reading his own press clippings lately and someone (probably some old decrepit never was) will take him down a notch or two.
Just wonder if that might be your old favorite...one Mr. Excitement, Jimmy Spencer. Yep, I'll agree with you on that one. :)
I think that we will see a continuing of an influx of newcomers. In the next five years, there will be a large group of retireees, forced or unforced. Now is the time for the newbies to showcase their talent. BTW 97, Ricky Wilson is not a newbie, so...he will be able to continue his exile in Florida. :D Even though he never won in a Cup car, I always felt he was better than Phil Parsons, who did win one race. However, Phil stayed around way too long and is now where he probably should have been the last 10 years or so. BTW, remember the last Cup car he drove...wasn't it the #4 Kodak Oldsmobile? He left that car (got fired) and Swervin Irvan stepped in and the rest is history. And Bobby Hillin? Another one race winner.
One last point, why do people think that Biffle will be an instant winner? I'm anxious to see how many people are right about this one...or wrong.

What makes you think Mark lost his fire. When he drove his butt off the entire season. He never quit he tried his hardest and did more with a rookie team than most drivers can do.

If anything he has more fire to prove people liek you WRONG!

Just watch and see....

2003 is the year to be

I'll watch danjay............and hope he gets that elusive Championship. But, anytime a driver says in an interview with a couple races left, and still within striking distance, that he's done all he can but it may not be enough has lost some of the fire.........there was a day not too many years ago that you would never have heard words like that uttered by Mark Martin! In my opinion he was mentally preparing himself and his fans for another second place finish........because of that, I can't believe he really did give it his all. He's close to retirement, he's tired of the gruelling schedule, he's burned out.......he's been saying that in unspoken words for a couple years now. So, I actually hope he does prove me wrong......but somehow I don't think so.

my predictions.

1. mark martin & jeff burton will get fed up with roush & mouseketeers and they will leave for a better team (if elliot sadler dosn't make the grade with RYR, the mark will probaly go to RYR and jeff might go to bill davis, icky childress or gannasi if jamie mac dosn't meet the standard)

2. dale jr will have atleast three wins and mikey will have atleast one.

3. icky childress racing will fire it's current lineup if they don't get a win but harvick will save his job at chicagoland or another track like chicagoland.

4. tony stewart will finally dominate a couple of superspeedway races now that he's in a chevy.

5. hendricks will continue to give terry & #25's driver crappy cars and parts while jeffy & mini me get the good stuff and they complain that they don't have good cars.

6. pontiac will have no wins now that tony & bobby are in chevy's.

7. ray-ray evernham will find out what kind of an opperation he's running and he will disapear and never return.

8. jeffy gordon will have a very bad race (a provisional & a DNF) and he will fire loonytoons loomis.

9. mike helton will make the fans mad again with another bad rule change

10. biffle will not live up to the expectations of the critics and fans.

Back
Top Bottom