A Goodyear move

H

HardScrabble

Seems that Goodyear and NASCAR are working on at least one of the issues that both fans and drivers have been talking about this season.

Goodyear will bring a new tire to Dover which is reported to softer than the ones which were used earlier this season. The intent to provide more grip. THe added advantage will also be that the tire will tend to "give up" as laps are run. BOth these factors should contribute to better side by side racing, put more of the racing back in drivers and crews hands, and reintroduce the tire strategy of the past to pit stops.

Good move IMO, Thumbs up!!

About dern time. While the harder tire is a godsend at the cookie cutters, at the shorties....high, low, or flat and oh my god did I just call a one mile track a shortie???.....they are a bane.

Sure Goodyear wants to show the world how long they can make tire last, but at what price? As I recall, one of the early Indy 500's was won by a guy that ran rock hard tires with an oversize gas tank.

Sounds like a good idea to me. And not just because I work for Goodyear either:eek:

Back
Top Bottom