A.J. Foyt Racing

N

Nascar24rainbow

A.J. Foyt Racing got its best finish ever by finishing forth today with P.J. Jones as his driver. Good job P.J. Jones for driving such a piece of crap to forth place.

Does this mean Jimmy out?:(

Who we gonna joke about if that happens?:p

OJ might have had a better finish if He and Rudd did not get together it would have been really cool to see the 14 car win just bc of how much they are stuggling.

I wonder who there gonna put in that car now after todays road race. My guess isnt Mike Wallace...Heck maybe even PJ will be back.

Supposedly it is Mike's ride for the time being. He's scheduled to be in the car at Michigan next week. Course we know that the Foyt team will every so often decide to change drivers without letting a whole lot of folks know about it, including said drivers!:)

I had a camera installed at Mike's house and I just saw the mail truck drive by. Wonder what he Delivered. Now I see it...*zooom* WOW its a letter from AJ himself and If Im reading it correctly...It says...Were sorry but we are no longer in need of your services. What a surprise!

PJ Jones proved he's worthy at a road course, but I've never seen him run well on an oval. His most recent attempt in Nascar was the #1 Yellow car before they handed the ride over to Jimmy Spencer.

But heck, with Conseco possibly going bankrupt at the end of the season, AJ should go ahead and try out different drivers. Now that AJ Foyt actually had a decent finish, he's probably hungry for more, so maybe he'll actually hit on something. (It was also good that nothing actually broke on the #14 this weekend, maybe Foyt can at least keep up that trend).

rpmallen, you hit on it, AJ spent some money and built a race car. Even if it is a pony-ack.

It looks like A.J. Foyt is putting Mike Walalce back in his car this weekend. He also said that he might put P.J. Jones in his second car for a few races.

I think he should focus his attention on one car, not try to field a 2nd car for Mike Wallace. I like Mike Wallace, but it's not like they have a contract with him until the end of the season. Unless AJ can find money for a 2nd car and actually make them both run well w/o something breaking in either.

Something breaking in one of AJs cars is common for that team. Even if something does break...Chances are a good finish wasnt in reach anyway. 2 cars just doesnt cut it for me. Or is it 2 pieces of junk?

Here's a lil point to ponder..... I don't have to tell ya'll the kind of cars that Foyt puts together in nascar. From what i've seen on the board, everyone so far is in agreement that he has $hitty cars. The same goes for the IRL.... one of his drivers blew a motor just 20 laps into the IRL race on sunday. HOWEVER, has anyone else noticed that his grandson is winning left and right in the new Infiniti pro series ?!?!??!? things that make you go HMMMMMMMMM

Maybe AJ ought to put a big X in front of the 14 for experimental eh?

Personally, I don't think he builds any spittier cars than anybody else on a limited budget, and have no reason to dislike the man. He does things his way and I see nothing wrong with that at all.

The old dude for all his faults is a racin fool. And I admire racin fools.

Back
Top Bottom