Handle My Heart With Love - Cliff Richard

This is a good game. I started it on one forum in 2002 and it is still going:

muggle not

Senior MemberJoin DateNov 2002 Location North Carolina Posts 6,343

Never Ending Song Titles - Words in Common​

Never Ending Song Titles
Lets see if anyone wants to play:

Never Ending Song Titles: Words in Common

It's pretty easy: Look at the previous post, and choose a song title with at least one word in common with the previous post. Can't use the singer's name for the match.

Handle My Heart With Love - Cliff Richard

This is a good game. I started it on one forum in 2002 and it is still going:

muggle not

Senior MemberJoin DateNov 2002 Location North Carolina Posts 6,343

Never Ending Song Titles - Words in Common​

"Love needs a heart" - Jackson Browne

“Eye In The Sky” by The Alan Parsons Project

"Ghost Riders In The Sky" - The Outlaws

Love the Outlaws. Saw them and Molly Hatchet at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center in the 80's. Hughie Thomasson was a fantastic guitar player who went on to later play with Skynyrd

1949 - Ghost Riders in the Sky version sung by Vaughn Monroe who made it a #1 hit on Billboard. First version of the song to be made popular and it was followed by Marty Robbins in c&w style and Frankie Laine in 1963 doing a popular song, all there reaching high as popular songs.

1949 - Ghost Riders in the Sky version sung by Vaughn Monroe who made it a #1 hit on Billboard. First version of the song to be made popular and it was followed by Marty Robbins in c&w style and Frankie Laine in 1963 doing a popular song, all there reaching high as popular songs.

Wonder if that vinyl was 45 or 78 rpm

The Vaughn Monroe record would have been 78 rpm. One of the large ones that usually only had one song per side. You can tell the difference as the 78 rpm is as large as a dinner plate with a small center hole. The 45 rpm is vinyl, and a little more flexible plus lighter, is the size of a salad plate with a center hole the size of a half-dollar.
The old 78s broke easily but they had great sound and audiophiles try to find them or the later 33 1/3 rpms that were albums and had several songs per side.
Just to clarify, I am not an expert but am explaining from the point of someone who lived through the changes in the record industry.
It is easy for me to recall the change from strictly AM radio to FM radio. FM was new and very short distance and it tended to fade off center until you readjusted the dial. It was partially overcome by the addition of a special switch that compensated for the drifting. The device compensating for the drift was added as an "automatic built in" feature on later models with FM.
Next came the big boxy tapes and tape players that were popular in cars. One song and big! Later replaced by the cassette tape and player in the sixties and later with c.d.s. And now we have Bluetooth and Spotify, Satellite feed for radio and I think how things have changed since the days of me struggling to find a country music station back in the 1940s when my listening device was a small four vacuum tube radio, AM only, and an antenna wire stretched across the ceiling of my bedroom. During certain times of the year radio waves traveled great distances and I could listen to the Louisianna Hayrid on WSM, or WWVA from Wheeling west Virginia and even WCKY from Cincinnati 1, Ohio!

I Watched It All (On My Radio) - Lionel Cartwright

Come on Whizzer, you mean you couldn't even pick up Del Rio?

I Watched It All (On My Radio) - Lionel Cartwright

Come on Whizzer, you mean you couldn't even pick up Del Rio?
I got Del Rio when in college at Texas A&M but not sure about when living at home. I remember the crazy advertisements they had on that Del Rio station. One was for a autographed photo of Jesus Christ.
Saturday nights if we didn't have a quarter for the movie a bunch gathered in one room and listened to Gunsmoke and one or two other programs. No money, good companionship and fun times in Texas. Now I look at Texas politics and wonder what changed then realized, I was the one who changed.

The Needle and the Spoon - Lynard Skynard

Back
Top Bottom