A question about Jamie MacMurray.

D

DE Wrangler 2

As far as I know Jamie will be in the 42 Dodge next season. I've been trying to find out if that team has any provisionals. I don't think it does. If that's the case then doesn't Jamie have to race his way into the Daytona 500? That's what happened to Jimmy last year........he wrecked and missed the show.

I do believe you're right DEW. That's a new team I believe, however, Ganassi could have purchased another team, changed numbers and could use their provisionals, but I don't think that's what happened. Chip probably believes that his boy will make the show. Now if he just doesn't get involved in a crash...say with a certain number 7! :) I know that would break your heart. :)

Naww, buck, I wouldn't want that to happen........and I truly doubt that if Jamie was taken out, it would NOT be the driver of the 7 car.:) But, it did happen to driver that has a well deserved reputation of driving a car on the ragged edge last year.......he did it all by himself too. I actually hope Jamie makes the show......I want to see if all the hype about him is true.:D

I still can't help but wonder just how good Jamie really is. Afterall, he did step into the car that led most of the season in points, so it wasn't like he helped build that team. This season will be a real test for his team and to the fans as well.

Adrenalin, good car and luck for his first two or three drives in Winston Cup. Also, I figure a lot of drivers sort of blew him off and didn't take him seriously.......that won't happen this season. The kid has a rough row to hoe.:)

I give up trying to predict success. I was convinced Casey Atwood would have a lot of success. Maybe he will someday, but he sure hasn't turned the NASCAR world on it's ear yet.

I thought that was a "tough" row to hoe. Or was that...:) Yeah, I agree with you that the rest of the field won't be taking him for granted. And those other rookies will do their best to outdo him.

Jamie will do quite well i think....has the tools and savy to be a really good driver. If he can withstand the pressure from Chip, then he will do fine.

I think he'll be another Harvick...all hype and drama then plunging into the back of the pack for a few, fleeting years.

Originally posted by paul
I think he'll be another Harvick...all hype and drama then plunging into the back of the pack for a few, fleeting years.

Sort of my thoughts Paul.:)

Originally posted by paul
Correction.

Harvick was a flash in the pan. ;)

Okay........if Harvick does good this season, it's all your fault!! :D

Harvick will be doing nothing for the rest of his career. Top 25 maybe.

not gonna do good.........(oh god, gonna have all the harvick fans down my back now:rolleyes: )

I don't think he has the drive (haha) to want to win.....:)
don't think he has the ambition either.......isn't he some rich kid?:) think he just likes the fame of being a winston cup driver..........:D
but he is cute though, must admit that.......:D :D to bad you can't win by your looks now.........:D :D :D :D

I thought "cute" was a prerequisit for Winston Cup!!:) Oops, maybe not...........there's Gregg Biffle.:)

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
I thought "cute" was a prerequisit for Winston Cup!!:)   Oops, maybe not...........there's Gregg Biffle.:)

cuteypie (jeff gordon) cute (kevin harvick):)

Maybe if Harvick was driving a Ford, like he should, he would be better. Its those &*%*%@ chevys and RCR!!:p Me being a Harvick fan I would hope he will contend for a championship someday so I will stay on his bandwagon.

Damn.. the kid has only had 2 years to show his stuff, and already you guys are down his throat. Harvick HAS the will to win.. he just needs the right stuff under him. You saw how good he was in 2001, and I know he didn't do much in 2002 (even though he did win a race, and had a few top5s/top10s), but it takes time... Success doesn't come overnight... just look at Jeff Gordon!! He didn't go out in his first 2 years and kick ass all that much, but look at him now...

I like Harvick........and I don't know how he'll do in Winston Cup. Very few drivers come in a kick butt right out of the blocks.:) A lot have great rookie years....some even fanastic rookie years. But, in order to really know how a driver is going to be in his career, I think it takes 4 to 5 years to see how he is...........and that's only if he can get a ride on a decent team and stay there to get the chemistry right. Most of the bad things said about Harvick are from non fans of his. I have doubts about his driving abilities........but have not made decision on him really. Take a look at the negative posts..........they are from RCR haters.:D

Yeah, I noticed that.. but still, ya cant give a guy 2 years to prove himself..

Not everyone can race both the Busch Series and Winston Cup Series fulltime, and come out with a Championship and a top10+ROY in the same year, ya know?

That's right bud stud...........but then he fell on his nose his sophomore year. That happens a lot in this sport. If he's still a back marker in say another two years and still driving for RCR, then (in my opinion) he will be one of those flashes in a pan.......but, aside from joking around about him, I will withhold any decision on him.:)

I can't get mad about what people think or say about Harvick. It comes with being his fan. I just hope he proves you all wrong though. ;)

Originally posted by 66mustang
Maybe if Harvick was driving a Ford, like he should, he would be better.  Its those &*%*%@ chevys and RCR!!:p  Me being a Harvick fan I would hope he will contend for a championship someday so I will stay on his bandwagon.

maybe he should change to a ford then..........I like Fords.....(I have to like ford, my daughter is the finance manager for ford and she drives a red mustang convertible), but I like chevys too..........:D :D :D

keven was thrown into earnhardts old cars and team and all harvick had to do was drive.
now harvicks driving in his own car and a sorta new team and he's got to learn how to win again.
maybe if happy harvick switches to JGR when bobby offially becomes his brother and joe fires him. then harvick might be able to win again.
god knows icky childress ain't even trying anymore.
he's got worthless #30 and wannabe jimmy spencer still driving for him. and that means he dosn't want a great team anymore.
i gaurrentie you that kevin with win again and not at chicagoland. maybe not with RCR but he will win again someday.
time will tell with jamie mac.
i hope he lives up to the hype and beats evil roush's 16 machine in the ROTY.

Originally posted by 66mustang
I can't get mad about what people think or say about Harvick.  It comes with being his fan.  I just hope he proves you all wrong though.  ;)

I like Harvick, he's not all that bad.........who knows he might have a good year this year........:D

Problem is............if he does have a good run at a championship, it will be because "Sniffles" whined enough to get him an advantage!!:) He won't ever be worth a %$&* as long as he's with RCR!!:ROFLMFAO:

Problem is............if he does have a good run at a championship, it will be because "Sniffles" whined enough to get him an advantage!!:)   He won't ever be worth a %$&* as long as he's with RCR!!:ROFLMFAO:

Man I agree 100%!!!!! I can't tell you how excited I was when the rumor was going around that Harvick might go drive for Yates. Someday though he will drive a Ford.

He won't ever be worth a %$&* as long as he's with RCR!!:ROFLMFAO:

Please tell me that was sarcastic...

Problem is............if he does have a good run at a championship, it will be because "Sniffles" whined enough to get him an advantage!!:)   He won't ever be worth a %$&* as long as he's with RCR!!:ROFLMFAO:

ain't that the truth DEW!
sniffles. i like that:D

I wasn't baiting.........it's the truth!! Most everyone who don't like Harvick hates Richard Childress. But it was sarcastic.:D

No joke, I think if he did leave RCR everybody would shut up about him trying to be Earnhardt.

I think Harvick just has a hard time setting the car up. They don't want to put laps on the engine and such during the practices and maybe he's just one of those guys that needs more time to get used to the track and to tune his car.

I'm an Earnhardt fan.........but I'm no fan of Harvick.:)

Then what's with the goading of fellow RCRDEI fans?

The sarcastic comments in question were only made to incite people, either into bashing Harvick, or having people prematurely start an argument.

If no one is bashing him, don't put words into people's mouths.

Back
Top Bottom