A-Rod and others get the hammer

Reck

Team Owner
Finally will get suspended along with 12 other for the Biogenesis Steriod fiasco this coming monday.

I think its pretty safe to safe Rodriguez will never play in the Major Leagues again. Good riddance.

Braun was the smart of the bunch. Making that deal where he cooperated with the MLB along with agreeing to been suspended for 50 games was the best thing for him. Not to say his image will forever be tainted but at least he'll be able to play once he serves his suspension.

Ban the P.O.S.
But as a Yankee hater, I will miss his worthless play during the post season(s).

All that talk about a lifetime ban for A-Roid and it looks like it won't be. Shame. Even if he never plays again, MLB had a chance to make a Major League statement and backed down from it.

All that talk about a lifetime ban for A-Roid and it looks like it won't be. Shame. Even if he never plays again, MLB had a chance to make a Major League statement and backed down from it.

This is his first infraction, no? Not even Manny got a lifetime ban after all his shenanigans. That's abit rough.

But what I would do is invalidate all his accomplishments ala Lance Armstrong.

Two ego maniacs that in the end got what they deserved imo.

I don't care much for A-Rod. He was once a great talent, but he has really fallen off a lot over the past few years. I think it's kind of karmic payback on the Yankees for poaching all of the smaller market teams' talent. But, I really hope that they have to pay him anyway. No other teams are able to get out of their cheater's contracts. Why should the Yankees? And I'd hate to see the Yankees get all of that money back to just go poach from other teams again. Economic disparity is the biggest problem facing Major League Baseball, not steroids. Many teams go into every single year knowing that it will take a miracle for their team to compete with the big spenders. They know that their team's management team has to be almost perfect in every move they make whereas the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, etc. can simply overcome any mistakes they make with more money.

I don't care much for A-Rod. He was once a great talent, but he has really fallen off a lot over the past few years. I think it's kind of karmic payback on the Yankees for poaching all of the smaller market teams' talent. But, I really hope that they have to pay him anyway. No other teams are able to get out of their cheater's contracts. Why should the Yankees? And I'd hate to see the Yankees get all of that money back to just go poach from other teams again. Economic disparity is the biggest problem facing Major League Baseball, not steroids. Many teams go into every single year knowing that it will take a miracle for their team to compete with the big spenders. They know that their team's management team has to be almost perfect in every move they make whereas the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, etc. can simply overcome any mistakes they make with more money.

Dodgers still cant accomplish anything despite been flexible when it comes to money.

Its not all about money, its how you spend it. The Yankees, much like the Lakers are a team that attract players on its own. There is some sort of nostalgia and notoriaty playing for the most well known team in a sport.

Take the Athletics for instance, small market yet they manage to put a solid team every once in a while.

There is huge disparity in this sport like you said.

I wish A-Roid would've gotten the boot, along with others. This steroid nonsense has tarnished the game. Now, when someone has a good year and hits home runs, they're constantly dogged by questions about steroids. Chris Davis has been dogged by baseless accusations all year. The media's been going after Derek Jeter, trying to accuse him of steroid use, for years. And there are no heroes in the sport anymore. It's not the same. And Major League Baseball had a chance to make a huge statement - went around thumping their chest for weeks, and did not much really.

People don't go around questioning LeBron James and Kobe Bryant's greatness, accusing them of cheating. They don't question Tom Brady and Peyton Manning's greatness. And, aside from idiots, nobody really questions Jimmie Johnson's greatness.

Dodgers still cant accomplish anything despite been flexible when it comes to money.

Its not all about money, its how you spend it. The Yankees, much like the Lakers are a team that attract players on its own. There is some sort of nostalgia and notoriaty playing for the most well known team in a sport.

Take the Athletics for instance, small market yet they manage to put a solid team every once in a while.

There is huge disparity in this sport like you said.
I never said that money automatically means you will win all the time. The Yankees have made some really horrible decisions with their money. The difference is that when they do so, they simply write another check to cover it over. If a team like the Indians has a player like Travis Hafner get injured after he signs a 4 or 5 year contract for like $13 million a year they are hamstrung, even if it was a good sound business decision when it was signed and he was hitting like .325 with 40+ homers and 100+ rbi's a season. A team like the Yankees would just simply buy another player and move on.

And yes, the Athletics do put up very good teams every once in a while. But then they can't afford to keep any of those players after they have developed them.

Finally they officially dropped the hammer on A-ROD.

Suspended for the entire 2014 season. Too bad they reduced the 211 game suspension to 162. He deserves way more.

When he comes back in 2015 he'll be 40 years old. This guy is done.

Even after the suspension he'll still be owed $61 million by the Yankees through 2017. What a ****** stupid contract that was.

There was a good program on 60 minutes that had all the big players, the FBI commissioner, the quack explaining how he doped A-rod and how much he was getting paid, A rod trying to bribe and then threatening death to the quack if he testified.

Hopefully the lying POS has destroyed his legacy.

As litigation happy as he is they should charge him with distribution, he says he only possessed without using. So treat him as a dealer.

Back
Top Bottom