Cruise or all inclusive resort?

• Caribbean cruise

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • All inclusive resort

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
What would you choose for your next vacation? Personally I would take the resort. Cruises are great but you are mostly limited to what you can do on board the ship. I've been on both more than once.

To me, cruises are not so much what's on board, it's the shore tours and excursions that I enjoy.
Same, I just came back a week ago from a 12 nighter in the Mediterranean and did a shore excursion in every port so it can be quite tiring but exciting and interesting at the same time.
For pure relaxation a resort may be better.

For pure relaxation a resort may be better.
I can agree on that, but it all depends on where the resort is too. Our first trip to a resort was in Cancun. We had a great time and was busy all the time, what with the partying etc. But the next time we went down that way, we wanted something much more calm and relaxing. Going down south of Cancun one can find some great resorts that are a lot more remote. Relaxing on the beach and snorkeling are what the wife and I prefer.

Relaxing on the beach and snorkeling are what the wife and I prefer.
That sounds good. How about something new.....I took this last year in Rarotonga, Cook Islands. you can fly direct from LAX

But I'm not. :p

Oh I see:oops:

I planted some vegtable seeds on my asphalt driveway about a month ago and watered them everyday with no results. Could you suggest another "racing surface" that would be more suitable for farming? :cool:

I voted for a cruise. :D I have over 2,500 posts on a cruise ship forum even though I've never been on one. I guess the idea of being in a city / hotel on the water going from place to place is cool to me. What ships have you been on?

I voted for a cruise. :D I have over 2,500 posts on a cruise ship forum even though I've never been on one. I guess the idea of being in a city / hotel on the water going from place to place is cool to me. What ships have you been on?
Retired ship Captain in the Merchant Marines after 42 years, I dont know, dont have a clue.

Clutch, now yer talking. I'd love to head your way for a nice relaxing vacation. I have a friend who lives about halfway between Sydney and Brisbane (Urunga) and the wife has been telling me that we have to visit him. I'm thinking that Rarotonga is close to Pitcairn Island??? Would there be any Christians from the bounty there? LOL

Clutch, now yer talking. I'd love to head your way for a nice relaxing vacation. I have a friend who lives about halfway between Sydney and Brisbane (Urunga) and the wife has been telling me that we have to visit him. I'm thinking that Rarotonga is close to Pitcairn Island??? Would there be any Christians from the bounty there? LOL
Thats funny you mention the Bounty. Forget Pitcairn, thats far away and not a place to vacation at.
But before the Bounty crew set sail for Pitcairn they originally landed at Norfolk Island. I was there a few years ago (Australian territory) for a fishing expedition and the names of everyone there is like a crew list off the Bounty......ran into many Christians and Quintals. Norfolk is nice and relaxing but very quiet. They have one street light.....not traffic light,...street light. And driving can be a chore as everyone waves at you and you feel obligated to wave back...Lol

Anyhow Rarotonga is a beautiful place in the south pacific and me and the missus go every year......they use NZ money so its very convenient for us.....and of course I work for Air NZ so that helps a bit too.
And if you ever want to visit heaven on earth its only a 45 minute flight from Rarotonga ,...still in the Cooks group a place called Aitutaki

Aitutaiki.jpg

Traveled via travel trailer and motorhome since 1968, six on the complete NASCAR circuit from 1987 through 1992. Sold our Foretravel motorhome in 2002 after "Dubya" announced plans to invade Iraq.
Took first cruise in 2008 from Alaska to Vancouver, BC. Since then, we have taken cruises with Oceania Cruise Line and in October, will be taking a cruise up the Mississippi on paddlewheel steamboat, The American Queen. That is, if the water is deep enough.

On Oceania Cruises, we found more than enough to see and do taking shore excursions or going ashore, where last year, at one port in Germany we wandered without an arranged tour or guide, via train and bus, to see farms and get out in the countryside several miles away from the port.
We found shipboard entertainment satisfactory but usually spent the better part of the evening (after ****tail hours) with traveling companions over dinner lasting two to three hours.

Never tried an all-inclusive vacation resort but somehow the concept does not sound interesting although I am sure others would enjoy something along those lines as a great way to enjoy a vacation.

I have way too many bad dreams about "deep water" ... so I stay on land!

We will be leaving on Sept. 9 for our annual vacation to Bar Harbor, Maine. A stop-over in York Harbor is also part of the vacation. There are many stops that we enjoy if only for lunch. In Wiscasset there is a place called Red's that has fabulous lobster rolls ( a lobster roll for the uninitiated is a large hot dog roll filled with lobster meat). In Camden we always have lunch at Cappy's Chowder House, great New England Clam Chowder.

Back
Top Bottom