Aaaand it's tax time again.

Johali

Team Owner
Contributor
In one hour the 2017 tax filing will begin and mine will be filed within minutes afterward. :D

2e625880dac4eea62df4cc8657cd7ecffefc08163c5f6940983ae5089efda790_large

Considering I'll be writing a check, again, they'll get it on the last day possible, April 17th this year. Bastages

I wonder if he will his make his 2017 return available or will it be immediately audited too, like all his returns back to the mid 2000 are....?

I don't have all the info, yet. I usually see the CPA in early February --
Mine has my return ready the opening day every year. She starts working on it in mid January. It's quicker for her since we no longer have the businesses to worry about. She's been my CPA for forty some years and is semi retired. She only has us and a few other long term accounts, mostly my family members.

We got ours filed last week.

I don't have all the info, yet. I usually see the CPA in early February --

I asked my wife if we had received my 1099 from SS when I read this the other day, nope. She received hers and those from our various other accounts.
My 1099 came in todays mail. SS cut it close..

Took care of mine about a week ago, the day after receiving my paperwork. Being single with no kids and zero income except for my one job...there's really nothing to it. I've never actually used a tax expert to assist me, though I have been told you should do so at least once just to make sure you aren't missing anything.

Took care of mine about a week ago, the day after receiving my paperwork. Being single with no kids and zero income except for my one job...there's really nothing to it. I've never actually used a tax expert to assist me, though I have been told you should do so at least once just to make sure you aren't missing anything.
You probably aren't missing anything....... being you are single and no kids...... I think years ago I left quite a bit of money on the table by doing my own on paper. Should have gone to a tax preparer. Starting around 2000 or so I decided to file online and used Tax Act or some of those tools.... I saw a big difference. I now just go to a tax preparer it doesn't cost much and the reason I do is because I never was comfortable with the security of my computers. Theirs might not be any better.... but..... in my mind I'm thinking they have to have more security than I do. I just got the last of my paperwork today so... I'm going Saturday to get mine done. I like to go as early as possible to avert a scoundrel from filing on mine.......

I always try to get mine completed early and send them in on the last day. At least I know how much I can hold onto for a little while before Uncle Sam gets to take it.

I have all my paperwork done and ready except one thing from Fidelity. Got luck and Paypal didn't issue me a 1099 this year, and I didn't contract for anybody. Just one W2, a 1098-E, and the Fidelity one, whenever it's ready.

Still waiting for the form proving that I had health insurance coverage for the whole year. As soon as I get that, I'll be doing my taxes online.

Back
Top Bottom