Adrian Peterson agrees to a plea deal to avoid any jail time

Benevolent One

Team Owner
A report is just out saying that Adrian Peterson has agreed to plead guilty to a lesser charge. His sentence will be a $2,000 fine and 80 hours of community service. This is really going to piss off an awful lot of people. I'm not completely sure how I feel about this myself. I don't like the government (or law enforcement) telling me how to punish my kids, but you can't have people beating their kids. We were whipped with switches as kids and we had a lot more respect for our parents and others than this generation seems to, but there are certainly lines that can't be crossed and kids need to be protected.

Countdown to the podium 5 - 4 - 3 - 2

There's two angles to this. The first ... we didn't fear our parents. We respected them. Their babysitter (that we left them with;TV) has taken that away from us with all the Stupid parent(-al figure) smart kid, no punishment shows. We didn't call our teachers by their first names. I graduated highschool and can honestly say I knew maybe half of my last years teachers' names. Earlier than that ... nil.

Second ... we didn't KNOW there were limits on our parents ability to punish us. Today ... kids know.

There's two angles to this. The first ... we didn't fear our parents. We respected them. Their babysitter (that we left them with;TV) has taken that away from us with all the Stupid parent(-al figure) smart kid, no punishment shows. We didn't call our teachers by their first names. I graduated highschool and can honestly say I knew maybe half of my last years teachers' names. Earlier than that ... nil.

Second ... we didn't KNOW there were limits on our parents ability to punish us. Today ... kids know.

true

Back
Top Bottom