Alec Baldwin

It doesn't hold a candle

To messages I might have left for any one of my six children!!
Who knows what lead up to that particular message.
It is disclosed as part of the on-going divorce proceedings. As such it should be taken with a grain of salt...don't ya think?
You can't hit em...You can't lock em in their room.. So now a parent can't even YELL AT EM?
Betsy:rolleyes:

It is disclosed as part of the on-going divorce proceedings. As such it should be taken with a grain of salt...don't ya think?
You can't hit em...You can't lock em in their room.. So now a parent can't even YELL AT EM?

Nothing wrong with a little yelling. The wording is what bothers me, (if it's a true recording) no matter what lead up to the call. I would never use those choice of words to one of my kids.

It's really hard

To take one message completely out of the ongoing context and know anything about why or what was meant.
My children all went to public schools and they KNEW any of the words I might have used in any particular message.
Remember this is all part of a divorce proceeding.. Who knows incest may be brought up next! Divorces are dirty deals.. and the more money involved the dirtier they get.

To take one message completely out of the ongoing context and know anything about why or what was meant.
My children all went to public schools and they KNEW any of the words I might have used in any particular message.
Remember this is all part of a divorce proceeding.. Who knows incest may be brought up next! Divorces are dirty deals.. and the more money involved the dirtier they get.Betsy:rolleyes:

I agree with that.

The media is making such a big deal about this that it has to impact the child.
Celebrity divorce is tough on all involved, especialy the children.

Betsy only hollers at the two fathered by Robby Gordon tho. The other 4 are golden in her eyes. And, people say mothers don't play favorites... :(

Bp that wasn't very nice!

I can see that your folks spared the rod.
Make sure you SMILE when you call me that!
Betsy:(

The hell...Yelling is ok but name calling?

That's really mature.

He is not divorcing his child just his wife.

Betsy you know I kid because I care...you take so much heat over your comments about Robby...

I'll accept that as an apology.

Ok I'll point out a little something about Robby, since you brought it up.
Notice there are no threads about him this week. Why. One might ask. Well the answer prolly is, If he ain't knocking the front runners out of the race he is just one of the "also rans" crawling his way around the track! Since most of the other racers in his catagory don't crash other drivers they never get his press...

Oh and don't forget to watch Friday, Survival of the Fastest. It's all about Robby and the challenges he faces...

Remember this is all part of a divorce proceeding.. Who knows incest may be brought up next! Divorces are dirty deals.. and the more money involved the dirtier they get.

The divorce was final in 2002. It's been a on-going custody hearing.

Sounds to me like the kid deserves that, if there's any truth to what he talked about. I don't know anybody on my dad's side of the family who would disagree with those methods of asserting fatherly authority/commanding respect, and they are themselves some of the most respectable people I know.

Yeah, there is a difference between demanding respect, and being respectable. But, noone will ever know the real story, and by only hearing one voicemail account of what sounds like preteen rebellion, we can only ever speculate as to the truth of the matter. I'd speculate the kid needs a good flogging. :)

Sounds to me like the kid deserves that, if there's any truth to what he talked about. I don't know anybody on my dad's side of the family who would disagree with those methods of asserting fatherly authority/commanding respect, and they are themselves some of the most respectable people I know.

Yeah, there is a difference between demanding respect, and being respectable. But, noone will ever know the real story, and by only hearing one voicemail account of what sounds like preteen rebellion, we can only ever speculate as to the truth of the matter. I'd speculate the kid needs a good flogging. :)
Personally, I'm glad my parents yelled at me or spanked me when I did disrespectful stuff. It taught me to be respectful. In todays media run world if you so much as raise your voice to your kids, you can count on a visit from the politically correct parent police. Several years ago my son came home from school and told me that he remembered a time when he was 5 years old and I yelled at him. He said it was child abuse. I asked him where he heard that. He said his teacher told him it was. Today he is 20 years old and a 3rd Class Petty Officer in the Navy out in Hawaii defending our country. Obviously I did pretty damn good despite what the liberals say.

Alec is way outta line here.

His comments are ALL self-focused and immature. (I'm embarrassed, You make ME look like an idiot. The crap you pull on ME.. etc) Who's the adult here??

I don't have issue with discipline, but it has to be a mature, controlled response if you want to actually teach a child something. This kind of chewing out only sets a poor example for the kid. They too will grow up to be self-focused, over-reactive and rude with this kind of parenting. (rude thoughtless pigs...they listen)

It's like slapping your kid because they just hit some other kid. (wait, you're telling not to hit by hitting me...) It's just confusing.

It takes extra energy to respond as an adult, clearly he was tired.

It's too bad Alec couldn't even ACT like an adult. (never thought much of his acting in the first place...)

Sad.

How would any of us know whether Alec had or had not already tried the rational, "adult" approach? I'm willing to bet this wasn't nearly the first time Alec had tried to curb his son's behavior. The media wouldn't be interested in passing around a tape of Alec calmly trying to reason with his 12 year old. They're going to go after the one where Alec has lost his temper, and voila, millions of people now hear one of the bad sides of parenting.

How would any of us know whether Alec had or had not already tried the rational, "adult" approach? I'm willing to bet this wasn't nearly the first time Alec had tried to curb his son's behavior. The media wouldn't be interested in passing around a tape of Alec calmly trying to reason with his 12 year old. They're going to go after the one where Alec has lost his temper, and voila, millions of people now hear one of the bad sides of parenting.

Being abusive and acting like a child is not an acceptable or even "adult" response. It doesn't matter if he tried a different approach before, even a thousand different approaches, he crossed a line.

Alec's response is TEXTBOOK abuse.

"I swear officer I only beat my wife because she didn't listen when I tried talking to her..... I tried the "good husband" approach... So it's her fault I had to hit her... Hey, what's with the handcuffs?"

All we don't know is whether this was an isolated incident or part of a pattern. Only counseling will tell us the answer.

Back
Top Bottom